ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Getting a transfer
-
Reo
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Getting a transfer
Anyone got a transfer to another office ? Who did you contact ?
I haven't mentioned it to my manager yet as I know he won't want me to go as I know all the routes , want to know how I go about it without going directly through my Dom
Cheers
I haven't mentioned it to my manager yet as I know he won't want me to go as I know all the routes , want to know how I go about it without going directly through my Dom
Cheers
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Getting a transfer
apply online you bypass the dom and headache completlyReo wrote:Anyone got a transfer to another office ? Who did you contact ?
I haven't mentioned it to my manager yet as I know he won't want me to go as I know all the routes , want to know how I go about it without going directly through my Dom
Cheers
-
Reo
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Getting a transfer
Thanks mate , sorry to sound dumb where do I do this ?
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Getting a transfer
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Reo wrote:Thanks mate , sorry to sound dumb where do I do this ?
if a DO has a job advertised you can apply
-
Reo
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Getting a transfer
Thanks , do you know if you keep your senority
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Getting a transfer
https://www.myroyalmail.com/working-royal-mail/careers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is better. Click the current vacancies box for successfactors. The successfactors site is for staff only and you should be able to see jobs there before its posted to the public. I heard (no doubt trueblue will correct if wrong) that jobs have to be here for two weeks before being made public.
The careers page listed below is public.
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is better. Click the current vacancies box for successfactors. The successfactors site is for staff only and you should be able to see jobs there before its posted to the public. I heard (no doubt trueblue will correct if wrong) that jobs have to be here for two weeks before being made public.
The careers page listed below is public.
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
bigal383
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 492
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Getting a transfer
Talk to your union rep about it. Get the offices job vacancy number and give it your dom if theres a vacancy they have to let you leave
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Getting a transfer
Yes you keep you seniority.Reo wrote:Thanks , do you know if you keep your senority
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12193
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Getting a transfer
Might also be worth contacting the DOM of the DO that you're thinking of transfering to
-
Lou84
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Getting a transfer
Contact the office you want to go to and sort it out yourself, managers are lazy and won't do anything for you !
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Getting a transfer
I've not looked on there before but now see that we're told "Our colleagues are at the forefront of our ambition to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe".woopesh wrote:https://www.myroyalmail.com/working-royal-mail/careers
This is better. Click the current vacancies box for successfactors. The successfactors site is for staff only and you should be able to see jobs there before its posted to the public. I heard (no doubt trueblue will correct if wrong) that jobs have to be here for two weeks before being made public.
The careers page listed below is public.
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What I would like to know is if we are not "recognised as the best delivery company in the UK" then who is ?
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Getting a transfer
Yodel?Lounge Lizard wrote:I've not looked on there before but now see that we're told "Our colleagues are at the forefront of our ambition to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe".woopesh wrote:https://www.myroyalmail.com/working-royal-mail/careers
This is better. Click the current vacancies box for successfactors. The successfactors site is for staff only and you should be able to see jobs there before its posted to the public. I heard (no doubt trueblue will correct if wrong) that jobs have to be here for two weeks before being made public.
The careers page listed below is public.
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What I would like to know is if we are not "recognised as the best delivery company in the UK" then who is ?