ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Why
Partly loyalty to those we regularly deliver the mail to, partly because having a good moan on here about all that's wrong these days avoids us taking it out on others at work and so just about makes the job still bearable for a while longer.
.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Why
I've moaned about the job since starting (30 years and counting), but as Lizard says, it's loyalty. Posties do care about this job and I despair at the beancounters and numbercrunchers that are ruining it. Give these guys 12 bags of mail to deliver and they'd run crying to their mums. 
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Why
It's a decent job with good terms and conditions lets not let the Fat City Slikers, the naye sayers and creeps undermine that.Ginge wrote:Why don't you just leave if it's so bad? I'm not a manager,done 27 years? What is it that keeps you here?
if you want it to continue then don't walk away but stand and fight.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Why
It did get too much for me and I did leave on VR after 32 years. But I was fortunate in that I had enough of a pension to live on. Many of the people I worked with wanted to leave too, but were just hanging on for EVR or VR. I expect a lot of them will have left now too.
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Why
i got out too, after 39 years, before the job killed me, came back one day to my manager saying to me, "have a look in the mirror" my face was red raw and I was sweating profusely, got indoors and my wife took one look at my light blue shirt that was dark blue with sweat and said," you gotta get out of there" so I too left, again I was lucky to leave with a half decent pension at 55 and have never looked back, the job is physically too demanding, if I did my job, the way it should be done, they would have to cut it by an hour, still see old colleagues, no LWT, Hct's, bags over there shoulders, one day I was told, my old office had a bulk posting and the manager wanted to lapse, the whole office refused, it was a silly decision and the manager, said the CWU rep was bullying her/him!! that's the pressure that they are under, from above!! I bet hundreds of offices, up and down the country are working like that, easy to say don't do it, but I went to see the DSM before my revision and he agreed with me totally, but nothing changed!!!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Why
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Why
You seem to have posted this quite a lot recently.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php
Some people appear to want something other than a forum for debate.
Perhaps they should start their own forum - RoyalMailHomogenousWhinge?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Why
Actually, I am posting reminding posters that the rules are there to protect them. We do have senior managers lurking, and actions and have been taken against posters in the real world.
A rule of thumb for me is if you won't say it face to face then don't post it on here.
If you think name calling is B&H in the real world, then remember it as well here and the same actions can be taken.
The rules aren't to stifle debate, they are there to protect members jobs. The Mods can't delete or amend every post before managers screen grab them, so ultimately everyone is responsible for what they post, but we aren't going to let RMC run like the Wild West, It would get shut down pretty quick.
A rule of thumb for me is if you won't say it face to face then don't post it on here.
If you think name calling is B&H in the real world, then remember it as well here and the same actions can be taken.
The rules aren't to stifle debate, they are there to protect members jobs. The Mods can't delete or amend every post before managers screen grab them, so ultimately everyone is responsible for what they post, but we aren't going to let RMC run like the Wild West, It would get shut down pretty quick.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Why
I'm only here for the money and the pension, compared to elsewhere is better, well above minimum wage and the pension is backed by the government on the final salary element that they have taken over and the Defined benefit is funded by RM contribution on top of my contribution, thats free money they're giving you ! also they are doing the administration, its far superior to a private pension scheme, we just have to try and maintain that against the plan by RM to reduce the pension benefits, if necessary I will strike. I've been in 30 years and its not long til I retire, if I can retire with no reductions and VR, I would take it without hesitation.
By doing the job properly, I can at least mitigate the demands of the job, I have seen all the wheezes and scams they put out to con us into working more for free, I ignore them all and stick to what I have always been doing, being an awkward bugger and do the job to spec !
By doing the job properly, I can at least mitigate the demands of the job, I have seen all the wheezes and scams they put out to con us into working more for free, I ignore them all and stick to what I have always been doing, being an awkward bugger and do the job to spec !
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Why
I am sticking with the job as I get a weekly pay, pension and have floating week off perk. I am not looking for new job as I am deaf and it is hard for deaf people to get job. Downside is various pain all over the body in various time and bad weather and changing things at work.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Why
Ginge,Ginge wrote:Where's the name calling in this post? It was a genuine question as to why we stay with everything that goes on,wasn't meant to offend???
It was a genuine question and I think you've had some genuine answers.
Many of us could do the job easily when we were younger but older now are doing little other than working and sleeping and are going in every day not knowing if we can physically take it any more.
TBT 's warning is helpful and I would hope none of us are abusive on here to anyone running Royal Mail or would reply to another poster other than with what we would be prepared to say to them face to face.
TBT and POSTMAN do a marvellous job in running this forum and I'm sure they realise that letting off some steam on here is better than us taking it out on the DOM when we go in tomorrow morning.