ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Work place coach

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by robbertwhitton »

Our delivery office support guy left a few months ago after. Some 32 years in this outfit,he simply had enough of doing his job and the doms job,so called it a day and got a wonderful two lined thankyou note from some manager or other thanking him for his service and wishing him well,yes I know it's shocking!! He was also workplace coach,never sure what that involves,but the extra payment sure helps and wouldn't begrudge anyone it,so now we don't have one and as usual it's all hush hush as to if anyone wants to do it?? nothing from the Dom but that's nothing new,can we all do it on a weekly basis? I would hate this money to disappear and nobody get it!!!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Work place coach

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

can we all do it on a weekly basis? I would hate this money to disappear and nobody get it!!!
No, I am afraid not - it's a skill selection interview and the only people who can be paid the allowance is the ones selected to perform the role. :sad:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by robbertwhitton »

Many thanks that should be fun applying for the post and what's involved,can't wait!!
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by chickenwittle »

Ha ha , skill selection process , in our office it's the 2 biggest lick arses . Believe me they are well qualified.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by robbertwhitton »

So you have 2??
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by chickenwittle »

Yep 2 , easy money for them .
Spigot bearing
Posts: 83
Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by Spigot bearing »

There's 4 in our D/O. None of them do a thing to earn the extra weekly payment apart from go home early every day.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by robbertwhitton »

Spigot bearing wrote:There's 4 in our D/O. None of them do a thing to earn the extra weekly payment apart from go home early every day.
That I guess is where the skill comes in???
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by Alexei »

We have two in our office, I think it might go with how many people are in your place of work.

So far, our coaches have had very little to do. New starts are out with a coach for a few days, maybe a week ( can't remember ) then out on delivery.

I've yet to see a coach actually 'coach' an individual. I hope those days change, and they are made to work for their extra cash. I think it's £34 p/w, which is £1768 annualy :shock:

I wouldn't say our two coaches are what you would call brown nosers, but they are very cunning sycophants, perhaps machiavellian is a better term. No real interest in the role, and are quick to drop all responsibility of trainee's as soon as they are past that first weeks training. Purely in it for the cash.

I wouldn't mind doing it myself, if i'm being honest, although my coaching style would lean heavily towards the 'do the job right' ideology. DOM knows this, so im unlikely to get the role :sad: That being said, i didn't apply the first time because the general consesus floating around on here, and in my office, was that it was basically a middle-management puppet sort of role.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by robbertwhitton »

Alexei wrote:We have two in our office, I think it might go with how many people are in your place of work.

So far, our coaches have had very little to do. New starts are out with a coach for a few days, maybe a week ( can't remember ) then out on delivery.

I've yet to see a coach actually 'coach' an individual. I hope those days change, and they are made to work for their extra cash. I think it's £34 p/w, which is £1768 annualy :shock:

I wouldn't say our two coaches are what you would call brown nosers, but they are very cunning sycophants, perhaps machiavellian is a better term. No real interest in the role, and are quick to drop all responsibility of trainee's as soon as they are past that first weeks training. Purely in it for the cash.

I wouldn't mind doing it myself, if i'm being honest, although my coaching style would lean heavily towards the 'do the job right' ideology. DOM knows this, so im unlikely to get the role :sad: That being said, i didn't apply the first time because the general consesus floating around on here, and in my office, was that it was basically a middle-management puppet sort of role.
Yep pretty much spot on with your comments my friend,just as I thought,yet another made up post to suit a few no doubt,am sure it has its place if done correctly,but history tells me more often than not that it rarely is in this cut cut cut,climate,people know doubt will put us right and we will be silenced!!
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by greengiant »

So, when an OPG shows a new starter the ropes, they don't get any extra payment, but when a work place coach does, they do?

:roll:
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Work place coach

Post by clashcityrocker »

greengiant wrote:So, when an OPG shows a new starter the ropes, they don't get any extra payment, but when a work place coach does, they do?

:roll:
No.
If the workplace coach is not available for training a new start then whoever does the training is entitled to the substitute allowance.

Where there is more than one New Entrant commencing in the same week
Coaches will be required to provide a suitably experienced individual that the
New Entrant can shadow. These individuals will receive the daily non-school
training allowance for each day they are assisting with the Delivery Coaching.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Work place coach

Post by robbertwhitton »

Just waiting to to see the list of references that the coach has to deal with,it's quite a list so I'm told,not sure what's left for the Dom,and dos to do then?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Work place coach

Post by k979aaa »

You need to be 6'4" take gym membership and generally intimidate staff as for knowing the job and all it involves training will be supplied and you will never make a decision on your own ever again!