ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overpayment?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
WalkingDad
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Jun 2017, 21:46
Gender: Male

Overpayment?

Post by WalkingDad »

Been in the job for a few months now and enjoying it. Never had a problem with claiming overtime when I've gone over my hours. However last week I did my bare minimum of 25 hours which is my contract. Actually finished early a few days too. Just got my payslip and I have 25 hours plus 7 hours listed as weekday scheduled attendance SSPR(P) so it seems I've been payed too much this week. When I do overtime it goes on my payslip as weekday overtime SSPR. Now.... Obviously I would go in and check with my manager about this but just thought I'd check if anyone else has been in this situation and what they did about it?
glfp
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 14:18

Overpayment?

Post by glfp »

WalkingDad wrote:Been in the job for a few months now and enjoying it. Never had a problem with claiming overtime when I've gone over my hours. However last week I did my bare minimum of 25 hours which is my contract. Actually finished early a few days too. Just got my payslip and I have 25 hours plus 7 hours listed as weekday scheduled attendance SSPR(P) so it seems I've been payed too much this week. When I do overtime it goes on my payslip as weekday overtime SSPR. Now.... Obviously I would go in and check with my manager about this but just thought I'd check if anyone else has been in this situation and what they did about it?
Keep Quiet !
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Overpayment?

Post by Postie45 »

inform the manager, dont keep quiet about it, its likely itll be noticed eventually and if its suspected that you knowingly got the money and didnt tell them its a sackable offence.
glfp
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 14:18

Overpayment?

Post by glfp »

Postie45 wrote:inform the manager, dont keep quiet about it, its likely itll be noticed eventually and if its suspected that you knowingly got the money and didnt tell them its a sackable offence.
Nonsence !

Its highly unlikely it will be noticed.

Never a sackable offence !

Keep schtum.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Overpayment?

Post by Postie45 »

glfp wrote:
Postie45 wrote:inform the manager, dont keep quiet about it, its likely itll be noticed eventually and if its suspected that you knowingly got the money and didnt tell them its a sackable offence.
Nonsence !

Its highly unlikely it will be noticed.

Never a sackable offence !

Keep schtum.
easy to say when its not your job on the line eh ? granted its unlikely a sackable offence if you deny all knowledge of it but its over £60 not worth any hassle... and overpayments DO get noticed, maybe not EVERY time but a lot of times they will
Last edited by Postie45 on 03 Aug 2017, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Overpayment?

Post by Creditshampoo »

Personally I'd keep quiet.
If asked about it i would denie knowledge don't look at pay slips and saving money so rarely look in my bank account but that's me
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Overpayment?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Can you send me 4 hours i was short this week Again. :arrrghhh
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Overpayment?

Post by Mobey »

glfp wrote:
Postie45 wrote:inform the manager, dont keep quiet about it, its likely itll be noticed eventually and if its suspected that you knowingly got the money and didnt tell them its a sackable offence.
Nonsence !

Its highly unlikely it will be noticed.

Never a sackable offence !

Keep schtum.
Why on earth would you give them the rope to get rid of you?

We all know what this company is like. Look at two threads in the last few days about people panicking they didn't deliver a special delivery on time!

Own up and be honest. At the end of the day we are all supposed to be honest people and trusted with letters, gifts and at times large amounts of money!
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Overpayment?

Post by twoloops »

Forget about it, I'm sure they'll get it back sometime in the future?
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Overpayment?

Post by Interested-seeker »

Be honest and let them know :thumbup
glfp
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 14:18

Overpayment?

Post by glfp »

Mobey wrote:
glfp wrote:
Postie45 wrote:inform the manager, dont keep quiet about it, its likely itll be noticed eventually and if its suspected that you knowingly got the money and didnt tell them its a sackable offence.
Nonsence !

Its highly unlikely it will be noticed.

Never a sackable offence !

Keep schtum.
Why on earth would you give them the rope to get rid of you?

We all know what this company is like. Look at two threads in the last few days about people panicking they didn't deliver a special delivery on time!

Own up and be honest. At the end of the day we are all supposed to be honest people and trusted with letters, gifts and at times large amounts of money!
It is not sackable for christ sake.
No wonder people get stressed over every little thing.

We overpaid you
Oh did you - I'm sure I did do some overtime.
We'll take it out next week.
Can you check I didnt do overtime.
You didn't
OK

THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN
WalkingDad
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Jun 2017, 21:46
Gender: Male

Overpayment?

Post by WalkingDad »

Yeh wouldn't have thought it was a sackable offence. I didn't claim for hours I didn't do obviously just an admin error. I have a good relationship with my manager at the moment so I will probably just go and say what's happened. I can guarantee that if I don't get payed for hours worked over I would kick up a fuss so it's no big deal. I didn't bugdget this month for having the extra so if they do take it back it's no loss to me. Will keep you all informed on the outcome...
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Overpayment?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

If you regularly work weekday overtime SSPR then weekday scheduled attendance SSPR(P) might be scheduled attendance holiday pay to which you are entitled. :thumbup :cuppa
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Overpayment?

Post by malcolm3011 »

If it is found to be an overpayment then the amount will be deducted from future wages
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Overpayment?

Post by feduppostie »

more than likely an input error on PSP, meaning if you got it then the person who actually performed the overtime did not

Let them know and they can correct it