ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Special deliver
-
bigal383
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 492
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Special deliver
Had a special for a bloke an international reggie. No signiture. Went to the house a farm left packet with mail inside house as door always open and there never about. Very private house with big wooden gates . said he hasnt recieved it when i know the guy has 100 percent did. Rule number 1 dont trust anyone ive learnt from my mistake
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Special deliver
Not your problem , delivered as it should have been. Confirmation GPS ping should show it's been done.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Special deliver
By "No signature" do you mean the PDA indicated no signature was required ?
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Special deliver
If you scanned the item and hit Submit on the pda in front of the house, this covers you as it has been delivered, the customer is a c..t for lying about not receiving it.
I do not understand why lots of international items with or without signature being requested are classed as special items? I doubt they paid RM the fee for a special delivery?
I do not understand why lots of international items with or without signature being requested are classed as special items? I doubt they paid RM the fee for a special delivery?
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Special deliver
I don't see how the GPS on the pda confirms it as delivered. It is possible, and I am certainly not suggesting this is the case, that someone could scan the item on the doorstep and then not deliver it for whatever reason. The pda merely confirms the position of the scan. These items should require signatures!Janet Brum wrote:If you scanned the item and hit Submit on the pda in front of the house, this covers you as it has been delivered, the customer is a c..t for lying about not receiving it.
I do not understand why lots of international items with or without signature being requested are classed as special items? I doubt they paid RM the fee for a special delivery?
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Special deliver
Providing that you scanned it and delivered in good faith, the gps on the pda can show when and where you have scanned it.
-
Wednesday
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Special deliver
Was told we only get paid when item is scanned so it stops them getting missed.olilew wrote:I don't see how the GPS on the pda confirms it as delivered. It is possible, and I am certainly not suggesting this is the case, that someone could scan the item on the doorstep and then not deliver it for whatever reason. The pda merely confirms the position of the scan. These items should require signatures!Janet Brum wrote:If you scanned the item and hit Submit on the pda in front of the house, this covers you as it has been delivered, the customer is a c..t for lying about not receiving it.
I do not understand why lots of international items with or without signature being requested are classed as special items? I doubt they paid RM the fee for a special delivery?
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Special deliver
As a matter of interest, does anyone know how many need to go missing before you are investigated by RM?