ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Good old Hermes!
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Good old Hermes!
Can't think why for a moment Royal Mail want to ever compare themselves to Hermes!! Ordered an item from Amazon which could easily come via RM or as I expected Amazon Logistics. But no they choose Hermes. No sign of item when I got home. Checked online and it was described as being delivered to my letter box which I had expected it would fit through. Nothing there or even a card. Nothing in my greenhouse which is my usual safe place and is used by Amazon Logistics. Eventually found it by chance outside my neighbours garage door!. So it that the service RM wants from us?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Good old Hermes!
I often find Amazon packages some distance from the intended address. It's the fault of Amazon more than the van driver.
And it's nice, for those I deliver to, doing the job properly with Royal Mail.
And it's nice, for those I deliver to, doing the job properly with Royal Mail.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Good old Hermes!
A few Christmases ago I saw a Hermes delivery person attempt to make a delivery to a house that I was a few houses away from delivering to myself. After he gave a quick knock on the door, he went straight to the next door neighbour, opened the front porch and threw the parcels into the porch. He was walking out of the path just as I was walking down to the front door. I had a parcel for this address too, rang the bell, the lady came to the door and said to me, quote... "I'm sick of Royal Mail coming here with packets and throwing them in my front porch. They're not even for me". I instantly turned around to the Hermes driver and called him back. I said to him that he'd delivered these packets to the wrong address (I didn't want to seem as if I'd been watching him from a few doors away). The lady asked the Hermes driver had he just delivered them. Hermes driver said yes. The lady said, "I'm sick of you just throwing the packets into the porch and disappearing". The Hermes driver apologised and took the packets out of the porch. She then apologised to me. The Hermes driver was then back at the door he was at in the first place. He showed me on the packet that it said "leave packet at xx, that's why I've been putting the packets in the porch next door". I remember just sort of looking at him in disbelief. There was no answer at the door, he turned to the bin and threw the packets into the bin and left. No note, unless they input this information into their PDA.
Always one thing that sticks in my mind when someone mentions Hermes. I thought I'd share it.
Always one thing that sticks in my mind when someone mentions Hermes. I thought I'd share it.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Good old Hermes!
Few days ago I`ve orderred some stuff off Ebay.
2 days later I was in the kitchen, it was my day off. I hear the front door letter box making a noise, looked at it, a card was put through.
Checked the card, it was a Sorry we missed you from Amazon, with a neighbour`s house number scribbled on.
I didn`t hear a knock, nothing, just the card, I was basically 6 feet from the front door.
I`ve opened the door just in time to see a white van parked in front of my house. Asked the driver: have you knocked? Where is my parcel?
He said: with your neighbour. Yes, ok, but why you didn`t knock? I was home ffs. He shrugged and left
This is the second time it happened, I`m still fuming.
These delivery drivers have no basic training or common sense
2 days later I was in the kitchen, it was my day off. I hear the front door letter box making a noise, looked at it, a card was put through.
Checked the card, it was a Sorry we missed you from Amazon, with a neighbour`s house number scribbled on.
I didn`t hear a knock, nothing, just the card, I was basically 6 feet from the front door.
I`ve opened the door just in time to see a white van parked in front of my house. Asked the driver: have you knocked? Where is my parcel?
He said: with your neighbour. Yes, ok, but why you didn`t knock? I was home ffs. He shrugged and left
This is the second time it happened, I`m still fuming.
These delivery drivers have no basic training or common sense
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Good old Hermes!
I ordered a parcel from amazon a few months ago, i got a text telling me it had been delivered strange as no one was home.
Got home to find it on my doorstep in open view for everyone to see i live on a very busy road, my front door actually has wooden fencing around kinda like a porch but without a door all the driver had to do was move the package 2 inches and it would've been out of sight
Got home to find it on my doorstep in open view for everyone to see i live on a very busy road, my front door actually has wooden fencing around kinda like a porch but without a door all the driver had to do was move the package 2 inches and it would've been out of sight
-
ddtc
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Good old Hermes!
I had 2 parcels delivered by Amazon yesterday. Now I've noted they can leave it in my porch. But for some reason 1 parcel was in my porch and the other 1 was outside to the side of my porch in full view of the road. Even had a card saying parcel at side of porch. No idea.
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Good old Hermes!
Possibly two different deliveries? I've had two in the same day by Amazon before.ddtc wrote:I had 2 parcels delivered by Amazon yesterday. Now I've noted they can leave it in my porch. But for some reason 1 parcel was in my porch and the other 1 was outside to the side of my porch in full view of the road. Even had a card saying parcel at side of porch. No idea.
It's quite funny, and rather hypocritical that we have a go at these driver's so often on here. I pity them, if i'm to be truthful. They will have terrible conditions of work, probably have manager's just as bad as us, but no trade union ( do they? ) to back them up. And to top that off, to make their living, they need to successfully deliver as many packets as they can. Imagine the time eaten up chapping 3-4 doors just to make £1 (a wild, generous assumption of pay)
The hypocritical part - for me at least - is that i do not leave in safeplace while working, or even attempt DTN, but when i'm at work and expecting a packet, i'll often leave a note asking them to leave in my safeplace, or with my designated neighbour.
I would love RM to be successful, and for us to get rid of every packet, but not at the expense of us posties. Sorry public ...
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Good old Hermes!
The examples above are the kind of service you get when people are poorly paid and poorly trained. I also believe they are paid for items delivered,hence why they dump and run,or try every house in your street to get rid of the item and this is the future?
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
Good old Hermes!
I have quite a few pictures of Hermes delivery as I have been accused of door stepping myself just to keep my self in the clear
Last edited by Stammerking on 03 Aug 2017, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Good old Hermes!
I have had an expensive parcel placed on my doorstep before in full view of anyone walking and driving by. No card was left. Thank goodness it wasn't nicked.
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Good old Hermes!
A colleague had an item safe placed. Complained he did not receive item(when in fact, he did) and got full refund.Interested-seeker wrote:I have had an expensive parcel placed on my doorstep before in full view of anyone walking and driving by. No card was left. Thank goodness it wasn't nicked.
Interesting argument - ethical, or not?
ps @Stammerking ... edit your post. Pseudonym susceptible to identification
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Good old Hermes!
i know a lot of people who would then put in a claim that they never recieved this itemfly-catchers wrote:Can't think why for a moment Royal Mail want to ever compare themselves to Hermes!! Ordered an item from Amazon which could easily come via RM or as I expected Amazon Logistics. But no they choose Hermes. No sign of item when I got home. Checked online and it was described as being delivered to my letter box which I had expected it would fit through. Nothing there or even a card. Nothing in my greenhouse which is my usual safe place and is used by Amazon Logistics. Eventually found it by chance outside my neighbours garage door!. So it that the service RM wants from us?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Good old Hermes!
its not an argument, its simply unethical, but people do it all the timeAlexei wrote:A colleague had an item safe placed. Complained he did not receive item(when in fact, he did) and got full refund.Interested-seeker wrote:I have had an expensive parcel placed on my doorstep before in full view of anyone walking and driving by. No card was left. Thank goodness it wasn't nicked.
Interesting argument - ethical, or not?
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Good old Hermes!
That was wrong of him. Obviously, if I did what your colleague did it would serve the hermes driver right...but I am too honest to lie like that.Alexei wrote:A colleague had an item safe placed. Complained he did not receive item(when in fact, he did) and got full refund.Interested-seeker wrote:I have had an expensive parcel placed on my doorstep before in full view of anyone walking and driving by. No card was left. Thank goodness it wasn't nicked.
Interesting argument - ethical, or not?
ps @Stammerking ... edit your post. Pseudonym susceptible to identification
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Good old Hermes!
Unfortunately, there are too many dishonest people around.Postie45 wrote:its not an argument, its simply unethical, but people do it all the timeAlexei wrote:A colleague had an item safe placed. Complained he did not receive item(when in fact, he did) and got full refund.Interested-seeker wrote:I have had an expensive parcel placed on my doorstep before in full view of anyone walking and driving by. No card was left. Thank goodness it wasn't nicked.
Interesting argument - ethical, or not?