ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Resignation process question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Island991
Posts: 24
Joined: 07 Nov 2011, 23:24
Gender: Male

Resignation process question

Post by Island991 »

Hi
When resigning do I just need to inform my DOM or do I need to contact HR?

I handed in my resignation on Saturday and gave my 1 weeks notice. I both emailed (as he covers 2 offices and isn't always in ours) and left a paper copy of my resignation for my DOM.

What concerns me is I have had no contact from him at all. I know via grapevine that he read my email on Saturday. But I have had no reply, confirmation of email or letter, or anything.

How quick are they on the phone when you call in sick! Yet when it's something like this no contact.

Not sure why I'm surprised!

Anyway as long as I have done it the right way I'm covered. So do I need to contact HR?

Cheers
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Resignation process question

Post by Postie45 »

it wont hurt to contact them
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Resignation process question

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

as Postie45 says no harm contacting them but you have followed protocol and informed your manager, that's all you need to do. Its good you did it in writing as well, keep a copy "just in case".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Island991
Posts: 24
Joined: 07 Nov 2011, 23:24
Gender: Male

Resignation process question

Post by Island991 »

Thanks guys. Will do.
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Resignation process question

Post by feduppostie »

Don't forget to ask about any remaining leave or untaken bank holidays as they can be paid to you in your final wage

And don't forget we don't work a week in hand so your final weeks wage will be the week you work your notice ( barring any overtime done in that week)