ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

wasp sting

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
heckster
Posts: 48
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 18:01
Gender: Male

wasp sting

Post by heckster »

I am still getting grief from my manager re a wasp sting on my eyelid closed my eye for 3 days. they say its not an accident on duty and say its
an incident on duty and they can stage me for it
I cant see the difference
ivve been in contact with my local rep who is supportive but no support from area rep
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

wasp sting

Post by Justanotherstar »

heckster wrote: I cant see the difference
That's probably because you got stung in the eye by a f***ing wasp!!!! :chuckle :chuckle

Why does the wording matter?...it still happened on duty and it still effected your ability to work.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

wasp sting

Post by rubberbond »

Point out if you were bitten by a dog,it would be classed as an attack by an animal,you've been stung by an insect apart from size,like our colleague above I can't see the difference either,despite the facestiousness of the post.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

wasp sting

Post by clashcityrocker »

Did you do anything which may have contributed to the wasp's anger?
For example, did you prod its nest with your posting peg?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

wasp sting

Post by noggin1969 »

Dog bite , wasp sting or attacked by a shoal of rabid Goldfish it still happened and affected your attendance. May not be a major accident but still get it on the ERICA. If you were allergic to wasp stings would your manager stand over your twitching body saying crack on with your lapsing mate ? ( yes we know he/she would )
postslippete
Posts: 4196
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

wasp sting

Post by postslippete »

Did you go to the Waspital??

Joking aside, if I was a 1st aider a wasp sting would need treatment and be recorded in the accident book. Don't let the manager fob you off, it needs reporting. Get a decent rep in with you and maybe you won't get that stage!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

wasp sting

Post by Creditshampoo »

rubberbond wrote:Point out if you were bitten by a dog,it would be classed as an attack by an animal,you've been stung by an insect apart from size,like our colleague above I can't see the difference either,despite the facestiousness of the post.
I think this sums it up
ballsup
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 55
Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 15:48
Gender: Male

wasp sting

Post by ballsup »

heckster wrote:I am still getting grief from my manager re a wasp sting on my eyelid closed my eye for 3 days. they say its not an accident on duty and say its
an incident on duty and they can stage me for it
I cant see the difference
ivve been in contact with my local rep who is supportive but no support from area rep
Is that the Area IR Rep or the Area Health and Safety rep?

Ask the manager what the I stands for in ERICA.....................



It's incident BTW :wave
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

wasp sting

Post by POSTMAN »

heckster wrote:I am still getting grief from my manager re a wasp sting on my eyelid closed my eye for 3 days. they say its not an accident on duty and say its
an incident on duty and they can stage me for it
I cant see the difference
ivve been in contact with my local rep who is supportive but no support from area rep
If no help from the AREA rep loser, contact the outdoor dept AND CC in Dave Joyce H&S dept at CWU HQ.

mbaulch@cwu.org & djoyce@cwu.org

This is f***ing ridiculous!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.