ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RM footwear
-
sf25
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
Hi
I have been having issues with the RM footwear for a while and have tried buyin my own insoles etc but2 weeks ago I recieved a pair of Anvil trainers as all others were out of stock and my feet are in agony at the end of my shift.
What can I do about this?
I have been having issues with the RM footwear for a while and have tried buyin my own insoles etc but2 weeks ago I recieved a pair of Anvil trainers as all others were out of stock and my feet are in agony at the end of my shift.
What can I do about this?
-
monkeyhanger1
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 08:14
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
Go see your gp,tell him you are having problems with your footwear at work. Ask for a letter that says rm footwear is causing problems with your feet. You are entitled to £30 twice a year towards your own footwear.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
so much for the courier 'bragging' about their new line of footwear now available. I asked for the new Michelin trainers only to be told neither those or the new red 'clown' ones were available and had been withdrawn.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
The red clown trainers are available now, I've got some ordered, they can't possibly not be an improvement over anvils, just hope they're wearable !
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
our dom said they were no longer available.....unusual for a dom to lie.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
reebok have got their goretex trainers on sale...just ordered a pair using code EXTRA20 for £29.99 delivered...they generally last at least 6 months
Just ordered these ones...
http://www.reebok.co.uk/trailgrip-rs-5. ... BD4155_650" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Comfortable and waterproof
Just ordered these ones...
http://www.reebok.co.uk/trailgrip-rs-5. ... BD4155_650" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Comfortable and waterproof
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
Is it twice per calendar year you get the £30 allowance? Will be trying this shortly, although i expect my manager to dig in and not pay out.
-
ziggy
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back o Beyond
RM footwear
Surely it should be £30 when required. Royal Mails own footwear doesn't last the 6 months, it's hardly our fault if RMs expectations of workwear durability is wrongmonkeyhanger1 wrote:Go see your gp,tell him you are having problems with your footwear at work. Ask for a letter that says rm footwear is causing problems with your feet. You are entitled to £30 twice a year towards your own footwear.
Ziggy
-
wookie
- Posts: 319
- Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
My magnum shoes do not last 6 months. Manager says I cannot order a new pair as they haven't lasted the set period. So I just wear white trainers, old shoes on frame with holes in the soles, and low and behold, a new pair arrives!
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
If you are suffering with pain beacuse of Plantar fasciitis then try these insoles - have worked wonders for me
http://www.shoeinsoles.co.uk/sof-sole-p ... 0wod5SUL5w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.shoeinsoles.co.uk/sof-sole-p ... 0wod5SUL5w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
RM footwear
Far as I'm aware Anvils are more of an indoor shoe. I have had a pair of those & they did hurt my feet within 3 days across the front. Only shoes I have really got on with are the Magnums shoes/Boots but they don't last. Last pair I had lasted 8 weeks because the soles just had worn away & now have holes in them. Suppose to be some new Flex ones out but they are constantly out of stock. Got fed of waiting so I ended up going to sports direct & got a pair of waterproof shoes for less than £15 i have to say they are the best shoes i have worn in ages for comfortsf25 wrote:Hi
I have been having issues with the RM footwear for a while and have tried buyin my own insoles etc but2 weeks ago I recieved a pair of Anvil trainers as all others were out of stock and my feet are in agony at the end of my shift.
What can I do about this?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
The outer edge of my heels of my anvil tractions are almost worn down to fresh air after 4 weeks!!
-
Postie Dave79
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 06 Jul 2017, 20:13
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
I have the new Royal Mail trainers. I've hardly worn them, but today I did and they seemed fine for me. I also bought some North Face shoes (when I first started) from and outlet store they are great, Goretex (so water proof and breathable) and comfortable.
Is it right though that if you slip or trip and hurt yourself and you dont have RM trainers on they can be really difficult about it?
Is it right though that if you slip or trip and hurt yourself and you dont have RM trainers on they can be really difficult about it?
-
scoobymunster
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
They'll be difficult regardless. Guy in my office fell on a slippy driveway wrecking his knee(wearing RM shoes). H&S guy investigating it still blamed him as "the ground didn't exactly jump up and hit him."Postie Dave79 wrote:I have the new Royal Mail trainers. I've hardly worn them, but today I did and they seemed fine for me. I also bought some North Face shoes (when I first started) from and outlet store they are great, Goretex (so water proof and breathable) and comfortable.
Is it right though that if you slip or trip and hurt yourself and you dont have RM trainers on they can be really difficult about it?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
RM footwear
Lol, a sharp intake of breath when I asked my lino to order a new pair of shoes, having worn the outer edges of my Anvil Traction soles down in 4 weeks!
Guess that'll be a no, then... 