ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
I'm not sure where to go here but I have contacted my manager on several occasions about a little clique in my office that bullys me and harasses me on a daily basis. I like to come to work to enjoy work love a bit of banter and things but some posties are taking it too far. I have had slats deliberately pulled out of my frame, boxes on the top of my frame every morning as I arrive for work, the overhead lights has been deliberately disconnected to wind me up, now they are targeting my van in the yard, I cannot take anymore of this when will it stop and where can I can go with it? I have reported it several times but it continues. The photo below is what I came out to the other day.
Last edited by Kings Norton on 23 Jul 2017, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
-
SierraOscarBravo
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
This kind of behaviour is disgusting and totally unacceptable. You must speak to your managers and insist you want action now. Tell them that if no action is taken on their part you will report the office.Kings Norton wrote:I'm not sure where to go here but I have contacted my manager on several occasions about a little clique in my office that bullys me and harasses me on a daily basis. I like to come to work to enjoy work love a bit of banter and things but some posties are taking it too far. I have had slats deliberately pulled out of my frame, boxes on the top of my frame every morning as I arrive for work, the overhead lights has been deliberately disconnected to wind me up, now they are targeting my van in the yard, I cannot take anymore of this when will it stop and where can I can go with it? I have reported it several times but it continues. The photo below is what I came out to the other day.
Quite why people like this are employed by Royal Mail is beyond me. They should be booted out the company.
Good luck and I hope you get this sorted.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
report the office
Who To? Thanks for your help.
Who To? Thanks for your help.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
Problem is Royal Mail say photos and videos are against company policy so I don't want to break that rule but saying that I never took the photo in this thread. I have one bit of evidence now anyway thanks to a workmate
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
Disgusting !Kings Norton wrote:I'm not sure where to go here but I have contacted my manager on several occasions about a little clique in my office that bullys me and harasses me on a daily basis. I like to come to work to enjoy work love a bit of banter and things but some posties are taking it too far. I have had slats deliberately pulled out of my frame, boxes on the top of my frame every morning as I arrive for work, the overhead lights has been deliberately disconnected to wind me up, now they are targeting my van in the yard, I cannot take anymore of this when will it stop and where can I can go with it? I have reported it several times but it continues. The photo below is what I came out to the other day.
Use this board to let off steam and use the many wise heads on here - especially those with union knowledge.
Don't let the scum bags grind you down !
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
This is a hard one to call on how you proceed to get the intimidations to end. You can go the direct route by submitting an HR1 form detailing what you are being subjected to in your workplace and the effect it is having to your health. You will have to be specific and name names and have hard core evidence to support your accusations in the form of reliable witnesses agreeing with your complaint. If unable to prove you run the risk of your complaint of bullying and harassment backfiring and you then could be taken through the conduct procedure for raising a complaint not in good faith. There is also the further problem if your B&H complaint is successful but the punishment to the harassers still leaves them working with you at the same office causing further resentment to you from them.Kings Norton wrote:I'm not sure where to go here but I have contacted my manager on several occasions about a little clique in my office that bullys me and harasses me on a daily basis. I like to come to work to enjoy work love a bit of banter and things but some posties are taking it too far. I have had slats deliberately pulled out of my frame, boxes on the top of my frame every morning as I arrive for work, the overhead lights has been deliberately disconnected to wind me up, now they are targeting my van in the yard, I cannot take anymore of this when will it stop and where can I can go with it? I have reported it several times but it continues. The photo below is what I came out to the other day.
If this has been continuing for some time I am surprised that your line manager is unaware of this or turning a blind eye and if so his/her next line of authority needs to be notified.
Another way and going by the photograph you need to inform your manager that you are unable to perform your duty as there are obstacles surrounding your vehicle that obstructs you from maneuvering your vehicle from the car park and request that he inspects the situation and request the issue of another vehicle and this will result on you being delayed on your delivery with the possibility of having to cut off. This to be repeated at every occurrence. If there are CCTV cameras in the car park you can request that they be viewed. You should be able to give a time band when you believe the offending obstacles were placed.
You have further posted that you have evidence from a workmate then ensure he/she is reliable and can be trusted and will not have second thoughts once you have started whatever action you decide to take.
My personal opinion to start with is to go the route of involving your manager at every instance that is shown in the photograph and eventually he/she will get pissed off and deal with it.
Good luck
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
So how else are you going to provide evidence?Kings Norton wrote:Problem is Royal Mail say photos and videos are against company policy so I don't want to break that rule but saying that I never took the photo in this thread. I have one bit of evidence now anyway thanks to a workmate
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
Try to not let it get you down, they are doing it for a laugh at a time when morale isn't at its highest with all the changes going on. Once or twice I could see stuff like that being hilarious, but being the constant butt of the joke is bullying as they are targeting you for a reaction.
What I would do is get your manager to give them a team meeting when you aren't there and let them know you'll be pursuing a formal complaint if it continues and that you have evidence.
Dont retaliate or try to get even as it would be used against you. Keep your head up, do your job with pride and ignore the people trying to bring you down.
Cut off when it happens, so it does become a manager's prerogative to get it sorted.
What I would do is get your manager to give them a team meeting when you aren't there and let them know you'll be pursuing a formal complaint if it continues and that you have evidence.
Dont retaliate or try to get even as it would be used against you. Keep your head up, do your job with pride and ignore the people trying to bring you down.
Cut off when it happens, so it does become a manager's prerogative to get it sorted.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
if you have had a word with your manager about this and he has done jackshit to put a stop to this , then just go on sick with stress over it and tell the dim you are putting a H1 form in as well and he will be mentioned on it as well for not dealing with it , and I bet it doesn't happen again. we all like a bit of banter I think it helps you get through the morning but if you feel as though your being targeted its wrong and these clowns need stopping.
-
TONY MELON
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 17 Jan 2008, 11:24
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
Bullying & Harassment is not acceptable in royal mail
Put it in writing to the Dom and if no action is taken by the Dom.Take legal action
A word of warning if there do not stop after managers have spoken to them they can lose they jobs including the managers or Dom if they have not taken any actions against your claim
Put it in writing to the Dom and if no action is taken by the Dom.Take legal action
A word of warning if there do not stop after managers have spoken to them they can lose they jobs including the managers or Dom if they have not taken any actions against your claim
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
When we had a issue like this in our office, myself and the DOM explained in a WTL session that this was to stop or both of us would take it further. I'm not condoning what people do, but after talking to the little cliquey groups, they genuinely think it's all fun and games, until you explain how it can effect people. This always work for me when I was rep.
I'm disappointed that your DOM has not acted on this, this is very weak of them and not what I would expect or tolerate.
I'm disappointed that your DOM has not acted on this, this is very weak of them and not what I would expect or tolerate.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
Sorry to hear that you are going through that. That type of behaviour is pathetic! Your manager should be sorting this out.Kings Norton wrote:I'm not sure where to go here but I have contacted my manager on several occasions about a little clique in my office that bullys me and harasses me on a daily basis. I like to come to work to enjoy work love a bit of banter and things but some posties are taking it too far. I have had slats deliberately pulled out of my frame, boxes on the top of my frame every morning as I arrive for work, the overhead lights has been deliberately disconnected to wind me up, now they are targeting my van in the yard, I cannot take anymore of this when will it stop and where can I can go with it? I have reported it several times but it continues. The photo below is what I came out to the other day.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
Every office has its unskilled, unthinking chimps, and it sounds like you've fell foul of yours. Throw them a cyanide laced banana to fight over.
(Sorry, it's late, and that's the best advice I can come up with)
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
Indifference..that's the way to deal with these morons.
Just stay calm and move any items from your frame or van, it will only take a few seconds and probably less time than it took them to put them there.
Just stay focused on doing your job and carry on as if nothing is happening.
By doing this you are putting it back on them and they will soon give up when they realise their childish games aren't working.
It works..trust me.
Good luck
Just stay calm and move any items from your frame or van, it will only take a few seconds and probably less time than it took them to put them there.
Just stay focused on doing your job and carry on as if nothing is happening.
By doing this you are putting it back on them and they will soon give up when they realise their childish games aren't working.
It works..trust me.
Good luck
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Bullying & Harassment Against me.
As if the bullying Dom's aren't bad enough.