Hi we have the overtime ban at our office although some duty holders are still aĺowed to book as they kept bringing mail back.
It's come to my attention that these duty holders excess overtime is being wrote in the absence book instead of the excess overtime book.
Is this fraud?
I must stress that we are not short staffed, overstaffed if anything
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Booking excess as absence
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Booking excess as absence
who issued the overtime ban shampps 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Booking excess as absence
But did the DOM tell them to write it in the absence book instead of the excess overtime book ?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Booking excess as absence
All the PTers in my office always have to book extended delivery as absence rather than pressure overtime.
-
scorched
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Booking excess as absence
I work as Dom support sometimes, We have been instructed to pay most of the Pressure (or excess) OT as Absence OT for months now because we aren't allowed to spend hardly any Pressure. Doesnt seem right but there you go...
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4196
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Booking excess as absence
Its probably so that RM managers can show their superiors that they have cut back on the 'delivery excess' that posties often do on their own rounds. Why they can't be honest and show them that its because of the obvious fact that some posties are slower than others is beyond me, but I guess its because there is some pressure for those at those at the top, and they want to show that things are improving.
I would also add a second point to that and its the fact that managers are now expected to do deliveries in order to keep this sort of overtime down as well.
I would also add a second point to that and its the fact that managers are now expected to do deliveries in order to keep this sort of overtime down as well.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Booking excess as absence
Personally I don't care what they book it under..provided they pay me! They can book it under "Alien Abduction" for all I care.... just sort the money out. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Booking excess as absence
But surely, albeit only internally, reporting one thing as another is fraudulent.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Booking excess as absence
I bet I'm not in the only office where all overtime gets put down as extended delivery, even when OPGs are leaving the depot later than scheduled, due to a hectic indoor workload including up to 8 D2D. 