hi guys,
recently the last few weeks i've really been struggling in terms of morale and stress. I started in August 2016, in my interview i asked about the topic of a transfer to a depot that was closer to home. I was told that it would be sorted out after christmas and i would be transferred in January/February. It's now July and i'm still waiting on the transfer. I've been pushing for it the entire time and have been told dates in March/April/May and June where they have said i'll be transferring on a certain date, it's got to that date and they've pushed it back due to sickness.
It's now at a point where even my union rep has pretty much given up the chase and it's now down to me to keep check on the dom and any progress (which there never is)
Whilst this has been going on there has been new starters that have come in and transferred all in the time whilst i've been waiting for mine and it's starting to feel like i'm being victimised because i actually just get on with my job and don't cause any hassle.
family members of mine have told me that i should go to my GP and discuss how things have been affecting me during these past months to see if they think i have grounds to go above the DOM's head and potentially be signed off due to stress.
Any advice and input would be appreciated
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
need advice
-
Gangham_style14
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
- Gender: Male
need advice
If union rep has that attitude then I'd go over the Doms head and speak to your Gp get signed off with stress then speak to your area rep to force a move through.
Worked for me I think I emailed the cwu and somebody got it n touch, sounds similar to my case the dom clearly didn't want to lose staff so he kept me at an office I didnt want to be at when vacancys was being advertised in the office I wanted to transfer too, once area rep got involved i was gone.
Worked for me I think I emailed the cwu and somebody got it n touch, sounds similar to my case the dom clearly didn't want to lose staff so he kept me at an office I didnt want to be at when vacancys was being advertised in the office I wanted to transfer too, once area rep got involved i was gone.
-
gerrys
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 16:15
- Gender: Male
need advice
Waited 5 years before I managed to get a transfer......have you got in touch with the DOM from the office you want to transfer too? explain your circumstances & how keen you are to move; helped me for sure keep on the case best of luck
-
Poole70
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 13:08
- Gender: Male
need advice
There won't be any progress if your rely on DOM etc.
Its not in their interest to allow their current staff to transfer to another office as it'll leave them short staffed and they'll need to recruit.
Fortunately you can take the situation in your own hands using Success Factors.
Its basically Royal Mail's internal recruitment site to help existing staff find new roles / positions in the company.
I don't have a link , but if you google Royal Mail Success Factors you'll find it.
If a local DO that you want to transfer to actually has a position available ( they will have to advertise it on the Royal Mail job site) then you can apply for it directly (and bypass your DOM).
Royal Mail HR will then let you know that you are eligible to transfer ,ask if you want to proceed and then inform your DOM that he has to make the transfer happen within a specific timeframe (28 days I think).
I'm sure there are loads of threads on here discussing this.
Hope this helps.
It worked for me : )
Its not in their interest to allow their current staff to transfer to another office as it'll leave them short staffed and they'll need to recruit.
Fortunately you can take the situation in your own hands using Success Factors.
Its basically Royal Mail's internal recruitment site to help existing staff find new roles / positions in the company.
I don't have a link , but if you google Royal Mail Success Factors you'll find it.
If a local DO that you want to transfer to actually has a position available ( they will have to advertise it on the Royal Mail job site) then you can apply for it directly (and bypass your DOM).
Royal Mail HR will then let you know that you are eligible to transfer ,ask if you want to proceed and then inform your DOM that he has to make the transfer happen within a specific timeframe (28 days I think).
I'm sure there are loads of threads on here discussing this.
Hope this helps.
It worked for me : )
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
need advice
Have you been to the DO nearer to home to speak to management there?
Sometimes going to the office you want to go to gets the ball rolling quicker.
Sometimes going to the office you want to go to gets the ball rolling quicker.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
need advice
That's what I did just went to the office closest to where I was living spoke to the DOM and he was happy to have me and my old office agreed the transfer within four weeks.POSTMAN wrote:Have you been to the DO nearer to home to speak to management there?
Sometimes going to the office you want to go to gets the ball rolling quicker.