ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RM paying the public to spy
-
Stunl3y
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
Ok so our area had a bulk posting today most walks had 2 to 3 roads every house with one of these and I had one sent to my home , I have to say im pretty much disgusted by it. We have Royal mail telling us they have no money etc for pensions and they are paying the public every 3 weeks to tell them if they have received their Door to door. The company talk about saving money and are cutting back here there and everywhere, our office have been under staffed and walks have been not going out on a daily basis , not to mention yorks and yorks of mail being left behind because we don't have the man power to get it sorted.
What happens when you get half a dozen members of the public who don't particularly like the postman , what happens when the pick d2d up and bin it without realizing ? what happens when you get a few members of the public thinking cool here is a free fiver every 3 weeks I will tell them im not getting any d2d.
No money for a decent pay deal , no money for pensions no money for staff ... plenty of money to pay the public to keep check on your d2d deliveries though !!
What happens when you get half a dozen members of the public who don't particularly like the postman , what happens when the pick d2d up and bin it without realizing ? what happens when you get a few members of the public thinking cool here is a free fiver every 3 weeks I will tell them im not getting any d2d.
No money for a decent pay deal , no money for pensions no money for staff ... plenty of money to pay the public to keep check on your d2d deliveries though !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
As not all the rubbish we deliver has RM Delivered on it and as there are other people delivering leaflets I wonder how the member of the public will even be sure! I know RM have been doing this type of things for years in one form or another. A postie where I work was pulled in after a member of the public reported he had delivered a leaflet a week early! And that was about 5 years ago.
I like their "Cafe Watch" and in my office there was and guess still is "Toilet Watch"!! Big Brother is watching you....
I like their "Cafe Watch" and in my office there was and guess still is "Toilet Watch"!! Big Brother is watching you....
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
RM paying the public to spy
This is disgusting,typical snidy RM!!! 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
RM paying the public to spy
Royal Mail have used TNS for many years but I thought it was all about monitoring the proportions of stamped, meter, PPI and DSA mail, proportions of letters, large letters, packets etc.
If this was to have any validity I would expect the resident to be told which specific Door To Doors to expect be delivered each week.
And giving shopping vouchers rather than £5 cash is an attempt, possibly fraudulent, to suggest that such earnings are not taxable.

If this was to have any validity I would expect the resident to be told which specific Door To Doors to expect be delivered each week.
And giving shopping vouchers rather than £5 cash is an attempt, possibly fraudulent, to suggest that such earnings are not taxable.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
to be honest the more s**t they throw out the better, no lapsing for this easy summer period again like f**k , o/t everyday with no extra , well done , lol
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
I remember a manager pulling me into the office one morning about d2ds to a certain address. I thought it was going to be a simple case of they received it but opted out. No it wasn't, it was a case where they didn't get ANY the week before. I was pulled up on it because I was "on" the delivery all week.
I simply told them, I wasn't on it. When asked why, I said every day I came in I was put on a different walk each day. They then grumbled about it as they couldn't figure out who threw the mail out and who delivered it. I just couldn't believe someone complained about not receiving junk mail but could if that makes any sense.
What made me so surprised was that when I did do the walk before and they were given d2ds. They got angry and shouted at me, I don't want this s**t and proceeded to rip it up and throw it in the recycling bin!!
Apologies for swearing.
I simply told them, I wasn't on it. When asked why, I said every day I came in I was put on a different walk each day. They then grumbled about it as they couldn't figure out who threw the mail out and who delivered it. I just couldn't believe someone complained about not receiving junk mail but could if that makes any sense.
What made me so surprised was that when I did do the walk before and they were given d2ds. They got angry and shouted at me, I don't want this s**t and proceeded to rip it up and throw it in the recycling bin!!
Apologies for swearing.
-
Speedmeister
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
A very interesting exercise. A shame they can't afford a proof reader before sending this crap out.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
For many years Royal Mail have used "Mystery Shoppers" to monitor if D2Ds (and consequently Households) have been delivered correctly. In fact if you become suspicious, and suspect you have a "Mystery Shopper" you're meant to report it to your DOM, and he will basically get them sacked, and another one selected.
The idea is to check you're doing your job. Like it not there are a lot of idle bastards working for RM who don't bother delivering Households.
I've worked in DOs where certain Posties simply bagged up Households in Bin Bags and thrown them in wheely bins! 
I'm sure most Posties who do the job properly wouldn't be happy about these idle buggers being paid, and getting away with throwing what is basically live mail in the bin?
The idea is to check you're doing your job. Like it not there are a lot of idle bastards working for RM who don't bother delivering Households.
I'm sure most Posties who do the job properly wouldn't be happy about these idle buggers being paid, and getting away with throwing what is basically live mail in the bin?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
To be fair, I have no issue with this. D2d's are mail; just do them properly and you've got no worries. I do them properly; put that days in and take them all.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
RM paying the public to spy
DP,Dorset Plodder wrote:For many years Royal Mail have used "Mystery Shoppers" to monitor if D2Ds (and consequently Households) have been delivered correctly. In fact if you become suspicious, and suspect you have a "Mystery Shopper" you're meant to report it to your DOM, and he will basically get them sacked, and another one selected.
The idea is to check you're doing your job. Like it not there are a lot of idle bastards working for RM who don't bother delivering Households.I've worked in DOs where certain Posties simply bagged up Households in Bin Bags and thrown them in wheely bins!
I'm sure most Posties who do the job properly wouldn't be happy about these idle buggers being paid, and getting away with throwing what is basically live mail in the bin?
I don't understand "Royal Mail have used 'Mystery Shoppers' to monitor if D2Ds ...... In fact if you become suspicious, and suspect you have a "Mystery Shopper" you're meant to report it to your DOM, and he will basically get them sacked, and another one selected".
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
RM paying the public to spy
There are panelists who send and receive mail to test the efficiency of the pipeline.Lounge Lizard wrote: DP,
I don't understand "Royal Mail have used 'Mystery Shoppers' to monitor if D2Ds ...... In fact if you become suspicious, and suspect you have a "Mystery Shopper" you're meant to report it to your DOM, and he will basically get them sacked, and another one selected".
Obviously if RM know who the panelists are the system is open to abuse. The whole duty could fail but the panelist would get their mail and the "efficiency" would be 100%.
If you suspect you know where one lives you are supposed to report it to ensure the validity of the system.
A senior Scottish manager spent several months on gardening leave because the names of the panelists were displayed in DOs across the region.
I won't name him in case he comes looking for me ,,,,,,again.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
RM paying the public to spy
Clash,clashcityrocker wrote:There are panelists who send and receive mail to test the efficiency of the pipeline.Lounge Lizard wrote: DP,
I don't understand "Royal Mail have used 'Mystery Shoppers' to monitor if D2Ds ...... In fact if you become suspicious, and suspect you have a "Mystery Shopper" you're meant to report it to your DOM, and he will basically get them sacked, and another one selected".
Obviously if RM know who the panelists are the system is open to abuse. The whole duty could fail but the panelist would get their mail and the "efficiency" would be 100%.
If you suspect you know where one lives you are supposed to report it to ensure the validity of the system.
A senior Scottish manager spent several months on gardening leave because the names of the panelists were displayed in DOs across the region.
I won't name him in case he comes looking for me ,,,,,,again.
Thanks.
it was "sacked", as in an employee, that confused me but I understand now.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
I remember years ago, an old inspector, (yes I've been here that long!) got a complaint from the council that their leaflet to a certain address hadn't been delivered because their employee said he hadn't received it. Turns out at the address in question the employee stayed with his parents who had promptly binned the household and not told him!
Another sad customer stayed opposite a pillar box and posted himself mail before the first collection at 8 o'clock (yes again I am that old!) in order to get a 2nd delivery and complained if he didn't. During a strike he further complained he couldn't post because the box had been sealed! There are some saddoes out there, no mistake.
Another sad customer stayed opposite a pillar box and posted himself mail before the first collection at 8 o'clock (yes again I am that old!) in order to get a 2nd delivery and complained if he didn't. During a strike he further complained he couldn't post because the box had been sealed! There are some saddoes out there, no mistake.
-
SierraOscarBravo
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
- Gender: Male
RM paying the public to spy
I fail to see what the issue is. Door to Door deliveries are massively important for Royal Mail as a business and a huge revenue generator so what is the problem with monitoring the quality?Stunl3y wrote:Ok so our area had a bulk posting today most walks had 2 to 3 roads every house with one of these and I had one sent to my home , I have to say im pretty much disgusted by it. We have Royal mail telling us they have no money etc for pensions and they are paying the public every 3 weeks to tell them if they have received their Door to door. The company talk about saving money and are cutting back here there and everywhere, our office have been under staffed and walks have been not going out on a daily basis , not to mention yorks and yorks of mail being left behind because we don't have the man power to get it sorted.
What happens when you get half a dozen members of the public who don't particularly like the postman , what happens when the pick d2d up and bin it without realizing ? what happens when you get a few members of the public thinking cool here is a free fiver every 3 weeks I will tell them im not getting any d2d.
No money for a decent pay deal , no money for pensions no money for staff ... plenty of money to pay the public to keep check on your d2d deliveries though !!
Do the job properly. Deliver the door to door materials as per specification and there is nothing to worry about.
There are bone idle colleagues who get away with not delivering their fair share, kick them under the fitting and claim they didn't see them or blatantly just don't do them. These people should be shown the door. They are a waste of space and no other company would tolerate them.
Too many in Royal Mail have a sense of entitlement yet aren't prepared to put in the hard work. They want all the trimmings but for as little effort as possible on their behalf.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
RM paying the public to spy
it is not reliable as we don't know how honest people are and it won't work due to numbers of people living in the house might have threw the way the leaflets before the person see it and also you have to rely on them remembering things. It shouldn't be used against postal workers.