Hello.
I'm just wondering if there is anything in writing that states that reserves are entitled to a long weekend every six weeks like our walk holder colleagues. I've recently been covering a walk where a walk holder was off sick but after a phased return to work came back onto his duty the week the long weekend was due. It is fair to say that I have had a good portion of Saturday's off, but having the full Saturday and Monday long weekend is a rarity.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Reserve Long Weekend
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Reserve Long Weekend
"Operational needs" means getting the Sat-Mon will be near impossible.
You are however entitled to 1/6 Saturdays off. Not necessarily every six weeks but over the course of a year.
You are however entitled to 1/6 Saturdays off. Not necessarily every six weeks but over the course of a year.
-
paulkurn
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 17:48
- Gender: Male
Reserve Long Weekend
This is an interesting subject, first let me say I am not a reserve however I find it most disgusting that when a reserve has been put on a duty and that duty is scheduled for the Saturday off they then switch them to a Tuesday off so that they can lapse the job on the light day. I know this is not the case in this post but this happens on a regular basis in offices. This is completely unfair on reserves who have no regular weekends off. is morally wrong and even as someone unaffected by this I find it disgusting. It's a simple case of if you wouldn't want to be s**t on why would you think it's fine to do it to others.
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Reserve Long Weekend
Any reserves who are not getting their Saturday rest days have a simple choice.
1/ Put a grievance in
2/ Allow yourself to be walked over, and rarely or never get one off.
Blunt but true I'm afraid.
1/ Put a grievance in
2/ Allow yourself to be walked over, and rarely or never get one off.
Blunt but true I'm afraid.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Reserve Long Weekend
I'm owed 6 lieux days, i put them in for 6 consecutive saturdays off i didn't get them
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Reserve Long Weekend
I think it is fair to say that I do get a good amount of Saturday's off. My problem is getting Saturday and Monday off. It's pretty much impossible for a reserve to get the full long weekend.
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Reserve Long Weekend
in which case (on our d/o hours) tuesday off is a 40hr 15min week,paulkurn wrote: and that duty is scheduled for the Saturday off they then switch them to a Tuesday off so that they can lapse the job on the light day.
if unlucky enough to get 6 tuesdays off on the trot then over a usual 6 weeks average, the work equates to 7hs 30min unpaid work!
any more than 1 tuesday off every 6 weeks and people are giving RM over an hour free,
unless they get a load of weds/thurs off to balance it out
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Reserve Long Weekend
were they already overbooked ?lcook282 wrote:I'm owed 6 lieux days, i put them in for 6 consecutive saturdays off i didn't get them
-
sf25
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Reserve Long Weekend
I am a reserve as well and at the end of last year I had a Saturday off the week after coming back from a weeks annual leave , to which my DOM said "Another Saturday off? Im starting to think you dont work weekends". Which pissed me off because that was the first saturday (not even long weekend) I had had off in atleast 5 months!! So from the beginning of this year I have been marking my shifts in a calander and will be showing him how little I have a Saturday off and that a long weekend is non-existant on my rota! Not that it will change anything but maybe open his eyes a little
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Reserve Long Weekend
Your rep and your colleagues should make sure that reserves get a fair crack of the whip when it comes to Saturdays off/long weekends.
It can be done with a reserves rota, it's not hard, it's just laziness all round!
It can be done with a reserves rota, it's not hard, it's just laziness all round!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.