ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal mail Shoes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Royal mail Shoes

Post by Clared »

Anyone seen or have the new shoes that RM have brought out. Thought they were made by panther. Anyone know because I need some new shoes
kingeric
Posts: 133
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
Gender: Male

Royal mail Shoes

Post by kingeric »

I ordered a pair of the easy flex ones and they were awful. I wonder who trials these things!

Having looked on the website recently I have noticed they have disappeared from selection
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Royal mail Shoes

Post by Clared »

kingeric wrote:I ordered a pair of the easy flex ones and they were awful. I wonder who trials these things!

Having looked on the website recently I have noticed they have disappeared from selection
It what way were they awful ? Surely they can't be any worse than the magnums can they ?
The new shoes haven't be removed they have no stock due to demand new stock end of month when I rang them
kingeric
Posts: 133
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
Gender: Male

Royal mail Shoes

Post by kingeric »

Clared wrote:
kingeric wrote:I ordered a pair of the easy flex ones and they were awful. I wonder who trials these things!

Having looked on the website recently I have noticed they have disappeared from selection
It what way were they awful ? Surely they can't be any worse than the magnums can they ?
The new shoes haven't be removed they have no stock due to demand new stock end of month when I rang them
They normally keep them on site when out if stock.

But they have very thin soles with very little support. You can feel every little bump in a pavement or every stone. Really hard under foot too unlike the yds and cats before them which had a bit of bounce in them.
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Royal mail Shoes

Post by Clared »

kingeric wrote:
Clared wrote:
kingeric wrote:I ordered a pair of the easy flex ones and they were awful. I wonder who trials these things!

Having looked on the website recently I have noticed they have disappeared from selection
It what way were they awful ? Surely they can't be any worse than the magnums can they ?
The new shoes haven't be removed they have no stock due to demand new stock end of month when I rang them
They normally keep them on site when out if stock.

But they have very thin soles with very little support. You can feel every little bump in a pavement or every stone. Really hard under foot too unlike the yds and cats before them which had a bit of bounce in them.
Okay thanks for the response I have had to wear my own for the time being, the magnums are ok but the soles just wear away in no time, 8 weeks they have lasted me this time round
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Royal mail Shoes

Post by eastie »

Are you referring to the new Clown shoes ?
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Royal mail Shoes

Post by koolishy67 »

I am using at the moment very lite little bit narrow from front but overall after few days very comfortable nice for summer.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Royal mail Shoes

Post by eastie »

I use Sketchers, very light with memory foam and since I've been using them the heel pain and achiles problem has gone plus if you get a doctors note stating that the RM footwear is crap you get £30 back
ziggy
Posts: 114
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male
Location: Back o Beyond

Royal mail Shoes

Post by ziggy »

eastie wrote:I use Sketchers, very light with memory foam and since I've been using them the heel pain and achiles problem has gone plus if you get a doctors note stating that the RM footwear is crap you get £30 back
Do you get £30 back for every pair you buy or is there a limit to how many pairs you can claim in a year? And how easy is it to claim back because trying to get shoes from them is a nightmare
Ziggy
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Royal mail Shoes

Post by Clared »

eastie wrote:Are you referring to the new Clown shoes ?
Lol I think so
Red n yellow...........
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

Royal mail Shoes

Post by Clared »

eastie wrote:I use Sketchers, very light with memory foam and since I've been using them the heel pain and achiles problem has gone plus if you get a doctors note stating that the RM footwear is crap you get £30 back
Getting in to a doctor's these days is a right pain the bum. 3 weeks to get an appointment & they are always early door appointments when I'm at work
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Royal mail Shoes

Post by wacko74 »

How does it work with a Doctors note? Does it have to actually diagnose a specific ailment? Or will a doc provide a note if you just go in and explain your feet hurt in RM supplied footwear and you prefer to wear your own?
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Royal mail Shoes

Post by loverman shabba »

nobody needs a doctor to know the footwear is absolute garbage
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Royal mail Shoes

Post by aiden01 »

wacko74 wrote:How does it work with a Doctors note? Does it have to actually diagnose a specific ailment? Or will a doc provide a note if you just go in and explain your feet hurt in RM supplied footwear and you prefer to wear your own?
Have a look in downloads under footwear reimbursement flowchart :thumbup :thumbup