ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

3 day duty 24 hours

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

3 day duty 24 hours

Post by bigal383 »

Hiya lads can you tell me how many of your offices still do 3 day duties on 24 hours thinking about droppinf my hours from this shithole had enough but i wont be dropping them to be out over 4 5 days anyways
Thanks
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

3 day duty 24 hours

Post by fishtank »

Yes.
If I could afford it I would bite your hand off for one of ours. They only work Thursday-Monday ( with a rotating day off ) and have one in four Saturdays so every fourth week they finish on Friday and aren't due back until the following Thursday.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

3 day duty 24 hours

Post by bigal383 »

Cant afford it but going to do it but heard royal mail are changing alot if these to 4 days could i get this in a legal contract if i dropped my hours for this or will this be on the back of.my mind forever if i take this leap
Nickvilla20
Posts: 788
Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
Gender: Male

3 day duty 24 hours

Post by Nickvilla20 »

Guy i know in a smaller office was doing 30 hours over 4 days and they now make him do it over 5 days or the threatened to reduce his hours if he didn't.
mickeymacca
Posts: 503
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
Gender: Male

3 day duty 24 hours

Post by mickeymacca »

I do a 24 over 3 days on a job share, and there a few more in our DO on this arrangement also.

OT is always there if you need it, I probably do an extra day and the odd afternoon most weeks, but only if I fancy it.. Obviously you lose out when you take holidays, but it is lovely to be in control to a certain degree. Would definitely recommend it.
'Libraries gave us power'
LukeyBoy
Posts: 47
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

3 day duty 24 hours

Post by LukeyBoy »

I was doing a 24 hour week over 3 days and then took the increase in hours upto 30 hours over 5,and if you can afford just the 3 days then it's by far the best shift pattern you can get.I'd bite there hand off in the said I could go back in hours.
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

3 day duty 24 hours

Post by woofwoof »

Our day off covers for the full timers are around 24 hours,, they get every Tuesday, Wednesday off then rotate the rest of the week covering 3 duties with a rolling day off to
answer=42
Posts: 64
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
Gender: Male

3 day duty 24 hours

Post by answer=42 »

Assuming you are ok with just the 24 hrs pay when on holiday it's brilliant. If you want to work days off there's no problem in our office so it's down to me. If I want to work 6 days I can, if I want to take my Saturday to Wednesday off I can do that too. Beats a 25 hour contract over 5 days into a cocked delivery pouch. (DOM hates it though) Bargain! :nana