ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Advice needed:work place coach role/application

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Steve32ford
Posts: 36
Joined: 29 Sep 2015, 18:18
Gender: Male

Advice needed:work place coach role/application

Post by Steve32ford »

Hi all
Firstly I apologise if it posted in wrong section
I am considering applying for a work place coach role at a small depot I m a bit lost as to what role intails and about paper work of questions that are going round
They are after a plan to help hit quality and scanning targets any input/ideas?
I was trained by a very good coach and would like to help fellow new starters to the best of my abilities
Also am I right in saying it's 95.5% for first class
What's target for 2d and 1d tracked?
Thanks
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

Advice needed:work place coach role/application

Post by ebbzie »

Yep posted in wrong section - try the i want to be a manager section
Nickvilla20
Posts: 788
Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
Gender: Male

Advice needed:work place coach role/application

Post by Nickvilla20 »

We got four in our place none of them seem to do anything. One is off long term sick and the other finishes two hours early every day
Steve32ford
Posts: 36
Joined: 29 Sep 2015, 18:18
Gender: Male

Advice needed:work place coach role/application

Post by Steve32ford »

No way I d ever wanna be a manager!
I still enjoy the job and would like to help new starters out the same way I was by my coach who has since left!
I found it rather daunting when I first started but he was there to help me through and I d like to be the same and help others I like to think I m very patient and know the job fairly well it's just the question side I m not sure on 'what they re looking for suggestions wise'
And the extra money would help,
Steve32ford
Posts: 36
Joined: 29 Sep 2015, 18:18
Gender: Male

Advice needed:work place coach role/application

Post by Steve32ford »

That's the other thing I want to try to make a difference (for what little it is!)even if it's only helping new starters with advice and not getting stitched like I did and others
I tend to overthink stuff and not absorb all the blah blah blah as I just wanna do my job to the best of my abilities
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Advice needed:work place coach role/application

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Steve32ford wrote:Hi all
Firstly I apologise if it posted in wrong section
I am considering applying for a work place coach role at a small depot I m a bit lost as to what role intails and about paper work of questions that are going round
They are after a plan to help hit quality and scanning targets any input/ideas?
I was trained by a very good coach and would like to help fellow new starters to the best of my abilities
Also am I right in saying it's 95.5% for first class
What's target for 2d and 1d tracked?
Thanks
Steve,

Any queries could be directed to a DOM but in my experience they rarely come up with an answer, or an honest answer. :thumbdown

However Royal Mail's targets are:
First Class mail – a minimum of 93% delivered the next working day, :thumbup
Second Class mail – a minimum of 98½% delivered within three working days. :thumbup
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Advice needed:work place coach role/application

Post by Interested-seeker »

Steve32ford wrote:No way I d ever wanna be a manager!
I still enjoy the job and would like to help new starters out the same way I was by my coach who has since left!
I found it rather daunting when I first started but he was there to help me through and I d like to be the same and help others I like to think I m very patient and know the job fairly well it's just the question side I m not sure on 'what they re looking for suggestions wise'
And the extra money would help,
Good luck with it :thumbup
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Advice needed:work place coach role/application

Post by loverman shabba »

it baffles me that royal mail still pay a fair few in our office coaches allowance for doing naff all. always trying to make cuts surely that would be first on the list. x amount of people getting 30 quid a week for nowt :arrrghhh