ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

leaving royal mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
heckster
Posts: 48
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 18:01
Gender: Male

leaving royal mail

Post by heckster »

hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

leaving royal mail

Post by rehabron »

heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
one weeks notice. I will leave the pension details to a more reliable advisor than me which is Robert T.
stroller
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
Gender: Male

leaving royal mail

Post by stroller »

Are you taking EVR?
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6694
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

leaving royal mail

Post by RobertT »

heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
You can take you pension any time after age 55.

You will lose 5% for each year you take your pension/s early, or a corresponding percentage for part years.
So if you’re 59 & 6 months for example, your NRA60 would be reduced by 2.5% and the NRA65 you’ve accrued up to leaving date, by 27.5%.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
ernieshoe
Posts: 117
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
Gender: Male

leaving royal mail

Post by ernieshoe »

heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
38 years and you dont know its one weeks notice.

Ta ra chuck :)
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

leaving royal mail

Post by aiden01 »

ernieshoe wrote:
heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
38 years and you dont know its one weeks notice.

Ta ra chuck :)
Probably been on strike more days than your service is worth. And maybe has grandkids to pick up from school. and your an expert in all things in RM.
ernieshoe
Posts: 117
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
Gender: Male

leaving royal mail

Post by ernieshoe »

aiden01 wrote:
ernieshoe wrote:
heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
38 years and you dont know its one weeks notice.

Ta ra chuck :)
Probably been on strike more days than your service is worth. And maybe has grandkids to pick up from school. and your an expert in all things in RM.
are you going to ever stop singing Wonderwall ?
MAYBE
ernieshoe
Posts: 117
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
Gender: Male

leaving royal mail

Post by ernieshoe »

ernieshoe wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
ernieshoe wrote:
heckster wrote:hi, I have 38 years service and looking to leave royal mail. I am 59
what notice do I have to give rm? will it effect my pension much?
can I take it now?
38 years and you dont know its one weeks notice.

Ta ra chuck :)
Probably been on strike more days than your service is worth. And maybe has grandkids to pick up from school. and your an expert in all things in RM.
are you going to ever stop singing Wonderwall ?
MAYBE
Probably been on strike more days than your service is worth. And maybe has grandkids to pick up from school. and your an expert in all things in RM.[/quote]
Pop that on your CV
Been on strike more days than the great Ernaldo has worked.