ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
-
lcryans1
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 21 May 2011, 03:33
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
I currently work as a postman for Royal Mail and have done for 6 years now. I play for a semi-professional football team in Glasgow. Right now I work 5 days mon-sat which means I only get one saturday off in 6 weeks. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction who to speak to or if anyone knows where Royal Mail stand in this type of situation. My line manager tries to swap my day off to saturday when possible but I am not guaranteed every saturday and it can be frustrating missing out a lot of the time.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
Not sure if this thread helps? http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=80580lcryans1 wrote:I currently work as a postman for Royal Mail and have done for 6 years now. I play for a semi-professional football team in Glasgow. Right now I work 5 days mon-sat which means I only get one saturday off in 6 weeks. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction who to speak to or if anyone knows where Royal Mail stand in this type of situation. My line manager tries to swap my day off to saturday when possible but I am not guaranteed every saturday and it can be frustrating missing out a lot of the time.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
Football or Royal Mail.
The choice is yours. 
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
As a football fan of non league football it is getting increasingly difficult to get finished in time for Saturday KO.
There was a period of history when we were finished by 10 a.m.on Saturdays and the day was yours.
With RM current proposals all those football players,supporters,volunteers and officials if they are not prepared to fight may as well give up their love for the game. Other workers which participate in sports and leisure activities are similarly effected which is ironic as Royal Mail likes to promote itself in the community.
All hail the company
There was a period of history when we were finished by 10 a.m.on Saturdays and the day was yours.
With RM current proposals all those football players,supporters,volunteers and officials if they are not prepared to fight may as well give up their love for the game. Other workers which participate in sports and leisure activities are similarly effected which is ironic as Royal Mail likes to promote itself in the community.
All hail the company
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
yeah id like every Saturday off too to accommodate my leisure pursuits, problem is EVERYONE else does too
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
Jeez, as a leave reserve I'm lucky if I know what day I'm getting off the Friday the week before, never mind getting 1 Sat off in 6......lcryans1 wrote:.................I work 5 days mon-sat which means I only get one saturday off in 6 weeks....................
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
Talking about going from 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 at my DOyellowbelly wrote:Jeez, as a leave reserve I'm lucky if I know what day I'm getting off the Friday the week before, never mind getting 1 Sat off in 6......lcryans1 wrote:.................I work 5 days mon-sat which means I only get one saturday off in 6 weeks....................
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
Already happens in my office where we've been P&L for nearly 7 years with a 3 o'clock finish. Several employees who support the local football team, for decades in some cases, now regularly miss games as do a couple of local cricketers whose games start at 2.30pm and a chap who's had to give up participating in the local bowls league that he'd played in for 20 years..Bernardson wrote: With RM current proposals all those football players,supporters,volunteers and officials if they are not prepared to fight may as well give up their love for the game.
Then managers, who go home at 12, wonder why people laugh in their faces when they ask us to work Saturdays off.
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
we can all dream
-
glfp
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 14:18
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
probs be mon - fri real soon anyway.loverman shabba wrote:we can all dream
dom told me rm looking at 7 -3.30 mon - fri once pension deal sorted.
suits me - got my karate saturday afternoon - had to cut off today to make it.
-
lcryans1
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 21 May 2011, 03:33
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
Is that for definite or just a proposal? I know Royal Mail have wanted to go to a 5 day delivery for a whileglfp wrote:probs be mon - fri real soon anyway.loverman shabba wrote:we can all dream
dom told me rm looking at 7 -3.30 mon - fri once pension deal sorted.
suits me - got my karate saturday afternoon - had to cut off today to make it.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12193
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
If RM move the pipeline back a couple of hours then all DO's will be 9-5. I can't see Saturday going completly, at some point I can see RM offering Sunday delivery for a premiumglfp wrote:probs be mon - fri real soon anyway.loverman shabba wrote:we can all dream
dom told me rm looking at 7 -3.30 mon - fri once pension deal sorted.
suits me - got my karate saturday afternoon - had to cut off today to make it.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
Would say its a pipedream :lcryans1 wrote:Is that for definite or just a proposal? I know Royal Mail have wanted to go to a 5 day delivery for a whileglfp wrote:probs be mon - fri real soon anyway.loverman shabba wrote:we can all dream
dom told me rm looking at 7 -3.30 mon - fri once pension deal sorted.
suits me - got my karate saturday afternoon - had to cut off today to make it.
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
FootballLounge Lizard wrote:Football or Royal Mail.The choice is yours.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football
A Saturday off very week so you can play football? Hell I'd volunteer for that, just send me your office details and I'll be right up there.