ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What a day!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by Seymour Buts »

Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for me :arrrghhh Every single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by eastie »

postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for me :arrrghhh Every single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by worktotime »

yer but r/m and QWU say that mail has gone , lol
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by Seymour Buts »

eastie wrote:
postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for me :arrrghhh Every single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??
I drive in the afternoons anyway so I don't mind going over, just always make sure I get paid (kids are expensive your know). Just makes a mockery of the so called summer hours.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

What a day!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

eastie wrote:
postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for me :arrrghhh Every single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??

I am glad he "moans" this would be a quiet forum if people didn't.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by fly-catchers »

I like this forum as it allows you to get it off your chest. And realise that when a DOM treats you like shite you are not alone! There are hundreds or more treated the same way Countrywide!! :mad
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

What a day!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

postietom wrote:
eastie wrote:
postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for me :arrrghhh Every single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??
I drive in the afternoons anyway so I don't mind going over, just always make sure I get paid (kids are expensive your know). Just makes a mockery of the so called summer hours.
Yes, "kids are expensive your know" so if there was any likelihood of you having them you should have worker hard at school so that you didn't end up a postman. :cuppa :thumbup
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by rubberbond »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
postietom wrote:
eastie wrote:
postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for me :arrrghhh Every single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??
I drive in the afternoons anyway so I don't mind going over, just always make sure I get paid (kids are expensive your know). Just makes a mockery of the so called summer hours.
Yes, "kids are expensive your know" so if there was any likelihood of you having them you should have worker hard at school so that you didn't end up a postman. :cuppa :thumbup
Do you know this person? do you know his socio-economic circumstances,or the level of educational achievement? For all you know they may have joined because the hours suited,back when they were more "family friendly". I know one or two posties with degrees,the job just suits their circumstances.
ernieshoe
Posts: 117
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by ernieshoe »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
postietom wrote:
eastie wrote:
postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for me :arrrghhh Every single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??
I drive in the afternoons anyway so I don't mind going over, just always make sure I get paid (kids are expensive your know). Just makes a mockery of the so called summer hours.
Yes, "kids are expensive your know" so if there was any likelihood of you having them you should have worker hard at school so that you didn't end up a postman. :cuppa :thumbup
The hyopcracy you show Lizard.
So when your hours get moved - tough tities - you should have worked harder at school.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

What a day!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

rubberbond, ernieshoe,
Neither of you have recognised that I wasn't being entirely serious. :crazy:
Yes, there are quite a few of us with degrees or who halved pay and responsibility to become a postman because the hours or other aspect of the job suited us for whatever reason(s). :thumbup :thumbup
As for when hours get moved that's a bridge for crossing when I come to it. :sad:
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by yubin282 »

postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for me :arrrghhh Every single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
Thursday was our s**t day, going to every door with addressed UBER advertisements (TO THE OCCUPIER) annoyingly they we're exactly the same as this weeks D2D'S dont you love RM
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by Kick the Bucket »

postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for me :arrrghhh Every single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
Out until 3:30? That would be a good day on my delivery.
ernieshoe
Posts: 117
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by ernieshoe »

Lounge Lizard wrote:rubberbond, ernieshoe,
Neither of you have recognised that I wasn't being entirely serious. :crazy:
Yes, there are quite a few of us with degrees or who halved pay and responsibility to become a postman because the hours or other aspect of the job suited us for whatever reason(s). :thumbup :thumbup
As for when hours get moved that's a bridge for crossing when I come to it. :sad:
Fair enough - i missed the irony :oops:
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

What a day!

Post by rubberbond »

ernieshoe wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:rubberbond, ernieshoe,
Neither of you have recognised that I wasn't being entirely serious. :crazy:
Yes, there are quite a few of us with degrees or who halved pay and responsibility to become a postman because the hours or other aspect of the job suited us for whatever reason(s). :thumbup :thumbup
As for when hours get moved that's a bridge for crossing when I come to it. :sad:
Fair enough - i missed the irony :oops:
Me too, not my fault I'm as thick as a whale omelette. Anyway the school I went to was one step down from borstal. I blame the teachers and their left wing ideology,so prevalent in those days. Best days of your life? Do me a favour.