ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What a day!
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
What a day!
Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for me
Every single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
What a day!
Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for meEvery single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
What a day!
yer but r/m and QWU say that mail has gone , lol
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
What a day!
I drive in the afternoons anyway so I don't mind going over, just always make sure I get paid (kids are expensive your know). Just makes a mockery of the so called summer hours.eastie wrote:Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for meEvery single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
What a day!
eastie wrote:Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for meEvery single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??
I am glad he "moans" this would be a quiet forum if people didn't.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
What a day!
I like this forum as it allows you to get it off your chest. And realise that when a DOM treats you like shite you are not alone! There are hundreds or more treated the same way Countrywide!! 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
What a day!
Yes, "kids are expensive your know" so if there was any likelihood of you having them you should have worker hard at school so that you didn't end up a postman.postietom wrote:I drive in the afternoons anyway so I don't mind going over, just always make sure I get paid (kids are expensive your know). Just makes a mockery of the so called summer hours.eastie wrote:Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for meEvery single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
What a day!
Do you know this person? do you know his socio-economic circumstances,or the level of educational achievement? For all you know they may have joined because the hours suited,back when they were more "family friendly". I know one or two posties with degrees,the job just suits their circumstances.Lounge Lizard wrote:Yes, "kids are expensive your know" so if there was any likelihood of you having them you should have worker hard at school so that you didn't end up a postman.postietom wrote:I drive in the afternoons anyway so I don't mind going over, just always make sure I get paid (kids are expensive your know). Just makes a mockery of the so called summer hours.eastie wrote:Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for meEvery single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??![]()
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
What a day!
The hyopcracy you show Lizard.Lounge Lizard wrote:Yes, "kids are expensive your know" so if there was any likelihood of you having them you should have worker hard at school so that you didn't end up a postman.postietom wrote:I drive in the afternoons anyway so I don't mind going over, just always make sure I get paid (kids are expensive your know). Just makes a mockery of the so called summer hours.eastie wrote:Makes me laugh when people make statements like this.postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for meEvery single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
You have no sympathy from me as you have the option to CUT OFF.
Why go over and then moan about it ??![]()
So when your hours get moved - tough tities - you should have worked harder at school.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
What a day!
rubberbond, ernieshoe,
Neither of you have recognised that I wasn't being entirely serious.
Yes, there are quite a few of us with degrees or who halved pay and responsibility to become a postman because the hours or other aspect of the job suited us for whatever reason(s).
As for when hours get moved that's a bridge for crossing when I come to it.
Neither of you have recognised that I wasn't being entirely serious.
Yes, there are quite a few of us with degrees or who halved pay and responsibility to become a postman because the hours or other aspect of the job suited us for whatever reason(s).
As for when hours get moved that's a bridge for crossing when I come to it.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
What a day!
Thursday was our s**t day, going to every door with addressed UBER advertisements (TO THE OCCUPIER) annoyingly they we're exactly the same as this weeks D2D'S dont you love RMpostietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for meEvery single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
What a day!
Out until 3:30? That would be a good day on my delivery.postietom wrote:Walked in expecting a normal day; find 5 trays of mech waiting for meEvery single house, plus loads of mags and parcels. Out till 3:30. What a pile of shite.
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
What a day!
Fair enough - i missed the ironyLounge Lizard wrote:rubberbond, ernieshoe,
Neither of you have recognised that I wasn't being entirely serious.![]()
Yes, there are quite a few of us with degrees or who halved pay and responsibility to become a postman because the hours or other aspect of the job suited us for whatever reason(s).![]()
![]()
As for when hours get moved that's a bridge for crossing when I come to it.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
What a day!
Me too, not my fault I'm as thick as a whale omelette. Anyway the school I went to was one step down from borstal. I blame the teachers and their left wing ideology,so prevalent in those days. Best days of your life? Do me a favour.ernieshoe wrote:Fair enough - i missed the ironyLounge Lizard wrote:rubberbond, ernieshoe,
Neither of you have recognised that I wasn't being entirely serious.![]()
Yes, there are quite a few of us with degrees or who halved pay and responsibility to become a postman because the hours or other aspect of the job suited us for whatever reason(s).![]()
![]()
As for when hours get moved that's a bridge for crossing when I come to it.