ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can you claim overtime for travel time from a RM course?
-
cribmail
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 18:24
- Gender: Male
Can you claim overtime for travel time from a RM course?
I've recently been on a 3 day 1st aid course at a MC which is a 104 mile a day round trip. On everyday by the time the course finished and I arrived home it was way over my normal work hours. So am I within my rights to claim this time?
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Can you claim overtime for travel time from a RM course?
Not sure about time. but i am pretty certain you can claim mileage minus your normal miles to and from your home office. Sorry i am not more help.cribmail wrote:I've recently been on a 3 day 1st aid course at a MC which is a 104 mile a day round trip. On everyday by the time the course finished and I arrived home it was way over my normal work hours. So am I within my rights to claim this time?
-
Exrep
- Posts: 1005
- Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Can you claim overtime for travel time from a RM course?
And if you carried a passanger the T/S is at a higher rate they dont tell you this
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Can you claim overtime for travel time from a RM course?
Milage allowance is to pay for petrol and wear on your car so is separate from your normal hours. If you work 8 hours in a normal day and it takes you 10 mins to get home then you should claim the OT for anything above this as well as your mileage (excluding home to DO and vice versa of course). I always did when I was sent on courses and always got paid it, they knew of course from the outset that if I wasn't paid they could ram their courses up their a***s.
-
nuit
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 18 Oct 2015, 14:55
- Gender: Female
Can you claim overtime for travel time from a RM course?
Can anyone help point me to which agreement it is in that says people should get fuel plus time?
I am in this exact situation again and I can't remember where to find it. I'm trying to find the section of the agreement so that I can back my words up with paperwork fact.
I am in this exact situation again and I can't remember where to find it. I'm trying to find the section of the agreement so that I can back my words up with paperwork fact.
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Can you claim overtime for travel time from a RM course?
When myself and the other drivers whose CPC cards were up for renewal , we had to go to another mail centre 40 miles away, as our ( since closed ) mail centre didn't do it. We got travelling allowance, and 2 hours overtime.