ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
pay and pension talks
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
at wtll this morning, RM propaganda tv played a video to us. in it they said they were looking to separated the pension from the pay talks. can Dingo or any rep in the know say if the CWU are prepared to 'de-couple' the pension from the current negotiations. I bloody well hope not.
-
Fairnessforall
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 10 Mar 2016, 19:04
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
Last branch meeting I attended it was stated that we weren't prepared to de-couple anything at this stage and we would be fighting for all four pillars equally...
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
Here's hoping we get a little carrot dangled.Never look a gift horse in the mouth I say.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
i take it you can't be on about the outrageous carrot they dangled for accepting their disgraceful pension proposals.
-
jack~jack
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 09 Mar 2014, 10:04
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
If royal fail offer a little carrot. I know where they can stick it....
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
live for today mate,could be 6 feet under tomorrow!!daveyeff wrote:i take it you can't be on about the outrageous carrot they dangled for accepting their disgraceful pension proposals.
-
Jambomatt1874
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
That sentence just sums up the problem with a lot of our colleagues. Sell yourself short on this agreement and we're finishedbensonhedge wrote:Here's hoping we get a little carrot dangled.Never look a gift horse in the mouth I say.
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
I'm amazed the union insists on going for reduced hours - all that will happen is that people will have to fit the same amount of work into a smaller time-frame... the early starters will come in even earlier and people will still not take their breaks 
-
12rdave
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 09 Jun 2013, 22:50
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
I can't believe it's not understud. CWU want a shorter working week to counter the fact that when a Royal Mail roll out ' one wave ' , which they will , there will be less indoor work. Less in door work could mean redundancies .to counter that why not reduce the working week in order to maintain jobs. GET ON THE SIDE OF THE CWU. If people don't understand what the Four Pillars of Security is about , ask your Rep or conta t your branch.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
so we do about 5-6 overtime just to complete our delivery every week so that's a 45 hour week so we will be saving 10 hrs a week of indoor work ? so will the dutys be adjusted to compensate a 35 hr week ? , I guess not , the same work in less hours doesn't work .12rdave wrote:I can't believe it's not understud. CWU want a shorter working week to counter the fact that when a Royal Mail roll out ' one wave ' , which they will , there will be less indoor work. Less in door work could mean redundancies .to counter that why not reduce the working week in order to maintain jobs. GET ON THE SIDE OF THE CWU. If people don't understand what the Four Pillars of Security is about , ask your Rep or conta t your branch.
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
I agree on the same amount of work on reduced hours but I do not agree on the increased hourly rate for the part timers but nothing for the full timers as like you say full timers will have to do the same amount of work.JKSmudge wrote:I'm amazed the union insists on going for reduced hours - all that will happen is that people will have to fit the same amount of work into a smaller time-frame... the early starters will come in even earlier and people will still not take their breaks
-
12rdave
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 09 Jun 2013, 22:50
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
Duties will have to be re_planed for 6 hour deliveries. I don't know how you think that you will have to fit a 6 hour delivery into 4.40. And as far as the comment on part timers, part timers are employed by Royal Mail just like full timers are, WE ARE ALL EQUALL . If any one believes that any employee within royal mail is inferior , your in the wrong job.
-
slinder123
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
- Gender: Female
pay and pension talks
some people would like redundacy believe it or not 
-
ernieshoe
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
- Gender: Male
pay and pension talks
SPOT ONJKSmudge wrote:I'm amazed the union insists on going for reduced hours - all that will happen is that people will have to fit the same amount of work into a smaller time-frame... the early starters will come in even earlier and people will still not take their breaks
And there lies the problem and wil lalways lie the problem !
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
pay and pension talks
NOT, IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, IS THIS SPOT ON.ernieshoe wrote:SPOT ONJKSmudge wrote:I'm amazed the union insists on going for reduced hours - all that will happen is that people will have to fit the same amount of work into a smaller time-frame... the early starters will come in even earlier and people will still not take their breaks
And there lies the problem and wil lalways lie the problem !
If you genuinely believe this, you haven't a clue about the business or the direction RM are heading.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.