Decided it's time to leave the hell hole known as Royal Mail, been a postie for 6years and in the the 6 years I have been at RM It seems to have gotten worse, managers and Doms bullying fellow posties, forced overtime, posties forced to work their rotation, the company is one big shambles at the moment with the cwu fighting for the four pillars, the pension schemes, the only decent thing I will miss is the people I work with, shame Royal Mail don't look after their posties
Should have got out 3 years ago, but right place right time I've got a new job, new hours 9-5 mon to Friday
Holiday bookable at any time not a year in advance
More money, less stress can't wait
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bye Bye Royal Mail
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Bye Bye Royal Mail
Good luck with everything.

-
Bluesbrother
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 06 Jul 2017, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Bye Bye Royal Mail
Thank you I hope it gets better for all posties out there
-
lostinthepost
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 19 Dec 2008, 16:05
- Gender: Male
Bye Bye Royal Mail
My goodness how I envy you! Good luck in your new venture, I'm sure it's a blessed relief to be leaving.
Royal Mail has failed miserably at understanding that it's greatest assets are walking out the door for nothing. What a sorry excuse for an employer they are.
Royal Mail has failed miserably at understanding that it's greatest assets are walking out the door for nothing. What a sorry excuse for an employer they are.
-
mjt120
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Bye Bye Royal Mail
Bluesbrother wrote:Decided it's time to leave the hell hole known as Royal Mail, been a postie for 6years and in the the 6 years I have been at RM It seems to have gotten worse, managers and Doms bullying fellow posties, forced overtime, posties forced to work their rotation, the company is one big shambles at the moment with the cwu fighting for the four pillars, the pension schemes, the only decent thing I will miss is the people I work with, shame Royal Mail don't look after their posties
Should have got out 3 years ago, but right place right time I've got a new job, new hours 9-5 mon to Friday
Holiday bookable at any time not a year in advance
More money, less stress can't wait
How can they force you to work your raotation week, Iv worked for Royal Mail for 7 years and Iv never seen anyone forced to work a rota week off.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Bye Bye Royal Mail
I left after 19 years as a postie and it was the best decision ever! No more dreading going into work,no more being treated appallingly by managers,no more made to feel I wasnt up to the job anymore,by managers who couldnt do the job themselves. I am free,and so will you be.Bluesbrother wrote:Decided it's time to leave the hell hole known as Royal Mail, been a postie for 6years and in the the 6 years I have been at RM It seems to have gotten worse, managers and Doms bullying fellow posties, forced overtime, posties forced to work their rotation, the company is one big shambles at the moment with the cwu fighting for the four pillars, the pension schemes, the only decent thing I will miss is the people I work with, shame Royal Mail don't look after their posties
Should have got out 3 years ago, but right place right time I've got a new job, new hours 9-5 mon to Friday
Holiday bookable at any time not a year in advance
More money, less stress can't wait
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Bye Bye Royal Mail
Postie. "I can't work my rotation week"mjt120 wrote:How can they force you to work your raotation week, Iv worked for Royal Mail for 7 years and Iv never seen anyone forced to work a rota week off.
Manager. "So you don't want any overtime ever again and you want to be dumped on the shittiest walk every week?"
Rep. "these biscuits are nice"
Colleagues. "look something shiny over there"
Postie. " f**k it, I'll work my rotation week"
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Bye Bye Royal Mail
Best of luck in your new job with yodel 
-
Puffin
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 10:25
- Gender: Male
Bye Bye Royal Mail
I left almost a year ago after 15 years and am now self-employed. Looking back I can see how ludicrously shambolic RM has become.
As I said to someone in 2014, "it's not going to get any better". And it's getting worse, as far as I can tell.
Good luck to you all. I'm sure you'll need it.
As I said to someone in 2014, "it's not going to get any better". And it's getting worse, as far as I can tell.
Good luck to you all. I'm sure you'll need it.