ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lilly J
Posts: 22
Joined: 18 Apr 2017, 17:29
Gender: Female

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Lilly J »

Just curious to know, and as a bit of fun, what's the worst/most annoying thing on your round - what's the one thing that you hate or annoys you the most?

I'm just getting used to my regular round at the moment, so I'm trying to work out what really annoys me... I think I'll have to say there's a property that has THE lowest wooden gate ever, and also has 2 steps up to the door and EVERY time I deliver there, the gate doesn't open enough and scrapes along the ground, so then I catch my leg on the side of it! If that doesn't get me, then the 2 steps do! :shock:

Would love to hear what things get to you!

Happy Wednesday people :cool
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Shaders »

Mail,parcels, and customers.
woking
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
Gender: Male
Location: wokingham

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by woking »

2 properties on mine have parcels (signed for) on a daily basis & I've been doing this delivery for 6 months & don't have a clue what these people look like as thay are NEVER home.this annoys the crap out of me.
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by bensonhedge »

The 12:30 finish on my monster
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nothing really, well except for the various Zanussi, Hotpoint and Lec Garden Ornaments that are strewn everywhere.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
mark.cup
Posts: 303
Joined: 14 Mar 2010, 20:54
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by mark.cup »

Delivery office manager!
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by greengiant »

Customer with knackered letterbox! Every day i have to knock their door to get them out of their bed to give them their mail. Im sure if they contact their housing association they can get a new letterbox fitted..
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

greengiant wrote:Customer with knackered letterbox! Every day i have to knock their door to get them out of their bed to give them their mail. Im sure if they contact their housing association they can get a new letterbox fitted..

Tell your manager, they should send a letter. If they don't fix it mail will be suspended and they'll have to collect. Even better if the letterbox is a hazard.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by noggin1969 »

People :roll:
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by MissKazzyB »

There's about 3 properties that all have a over grown garden.
So when I open the gate I have to brush past the bushes, flowers, branches or whatever is sticking out & it drives me nuts.

A man came out today from one of the properties & I really felt like asking him to sort his garden out as I'm fed up of walking into everything that sticks out.

As If all the cob webs that I walk through ain't enough already lol

Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol
Last edited by MissKazzyB on 05 Jul 2017, 19:08, edited 2 times in total.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by NWpostie »

Wet green lichen gates thats falling apart, nosy no life old Victor Meldrews and mad dogs.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Sir Henry »

Customers with "special arrangements" with the duty holder. These potentially job-ending favours don't benefit me in any way so no I'm not just signing for it and posting it or leaving it in a bin.

Maybe that should be shitcock duty holders instead.

Going in after your day off to find that the biggest runner/shortcutter/OT whore had covered your duty. Then trying to work out which d2ds he "forgot"/"ran out of"/which loop he fancied doing d2d on as opposed to which one the cover usually does, which pouches he left mail in, especially mail for all those top floor flats that were 'missorted'.
Etc
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by postslippete »

Drunks, Druggies, Dogs and Dumb-arsed customers
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by robbertwhitton »

Clearing and scanning my rural boxes on a Saturday knowing the letters aren't going anywhere as I'm back after the final midday dispatch following the revision,what a service
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

Post by Interested-seeker »

MissKazzyB wrote: Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol
Definitely that! Who on earth thought that was a good idea!?