ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual leave
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
Annual leave
How many days/hours are accrued per month? Not started yet so no contract to refer to and long story but I've not been employed for 12 years. Just want to know how long I work before I can request a week off, I realise it might not be my first choice week lol just trying to compromise with OH
I will be on 27.5 hrs pw. Thanks blues 
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
If you're contracted 27.5 hours a week you'll get paid 27.5 hours whilst on holiday.
And I think if you're working 5 days a week it's 22.5 days a year with bank holidays but I'm sure someone else will either agree or correct me here
And I think if you're working 5 days a week it's 22.5 days a year with bank holidays but I'm sure someone else will either agree or correct me here
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
Annual leave
Thank you creditshampoo :-)Creditshampoo wrote:If you're contracted 27.5 hours a week you'll get paid 27.5 hours whilst on holiday.
And I think if you're working 5 days a week it's 22.5 days a year with bank holidays but I'm sure someone else will either agree or correct me here
I will be working 5 days, so 22.5 days plus BH's but just wondering how long before I accrue a week AL. I'm not very good at working these things out
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Annual leave
any leave already booked in the first 12 months the firm would normally honour. However you will need to make them aware of this asap.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Annual leave
Thats what i was told when i started, things could have changed since then.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Annual leave
you can book a holiday for next week if you want to.
you get 4.5 weeks plus your BH's.
if you dont pick some weeks before you get to your DO you will find your holidays will be feb / mar next year.
pick a few weeks you would like and tell your dom as soon as you join your DO. and he will have to honour them.
you get 4.5 weeks plus your BH's.
if you dont pick some weeks before you get to your DO you will find your holidays will be feb / mar next year.
pick a few weeks you would like and tell your dom as soon as you join your DO. and he will have to honour them.
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
Annual leave
doorstepped wrote:you can book a holiday for next week if you want to.
you get 4.5 weeks plus your BH's.
if you dont pick some weeks before you get to your DO you will find your holidays will be feb / mar next year.
pick a few weeks you would like and tell your dom as soon as you join your DO. and he will have to honour them.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Annual leave
However booking leave in Royal Mail is notoriously difficult, it's not like most places where you can take leave when you want with only a few weeks notice.Angwyn wrote:doorstepped wrote:you can book a holiday for next week if you want to.
you get 4.5 weeks plus your BH's.
if you dont pick some weeks before you get to your DO you will find your holidays will be feb / mar next year.
pick a few weeks you would like and tell your dom as soon as you join your DO. and he will have to honour them.
Leave should be picked, by everybody, for one financial year in the preceding October. So if you wanted leave in March 2018, you have to select it by no later than October 2016.
As a new starter, you probably won't be able to pick the weeks you want this year but make sure that you do get some picked for this year and if necessary keep annoying the manager till you get some booked.
Also you will need to aware that the 4 weeks before Christmas are blocked for leave except in the most exceptional circumstances.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.