ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual leave entitled to when leaving

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
2214MN
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 49
Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
Gender: Male

Annual leave entitled to when leaving

Post by 2214MN »

Hey everyone,

So I could be leaving the company soon after being offered another job. I don't really want to talk to anyone about it at work until I have to, so just wondering how many days leave I'll be entitled to take before leaving?

Obviously the holiday year starts in April, I'll be leaving at the beginning of September if all goes to plan. I don't want to hand my notice in until I have to and I don't want them to tell me I owe them for any days I took. On a full time contract.

If anyone knows that would be great! Thanks
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Annual leave entitled to when leaving

Post by deltaforce »

If you were leaving at the end of sept I would have said you would have been entitled to half of your yearly entitlement. But as you are leaving at the beginning of the month you can deduct approximately 2 days off of that.