ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Need help and advice
-
Jwarren
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 03 Jul 2017, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Need help and advice
Is there anything a manager or the union can do to help an employee to participate in sporting commitments. Wondering if Saturdays can be given off regularly or put in a contract so I can play football on a Saturday at a decent standard which I get paid for?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Need help and advice
Sport or Royal Mail ?
The choice is yours.
The choice is yours.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Need help and advice
Go part time?
-
Jwarren
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 03 Jul 2017, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Need help and advice
I am only on a 23 hour contract as it is, but they say a Saturday is only a 1in6
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Need help and advice
Doubt it, it has happened in our office that people get a set day for everyweek for one reason or another; never a Saturday though as most would try I'd have thought.
-
Jwarren
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 03 Jul 2017, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Need help and advice
Looks like sport or Royal Mail then 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Need help and advice
For quite a while I worked EVERY Saturday.
Now I get every sixth Saturday off.
Now I get every sixth Saturday off.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Need help and advice
Guy at my last DO played semi-pro Saturday's - he worked the morning as well. Gaffer's let him come in early and get out early (7am ish) he'd run his round, finish before 11 and get off to the football (presumably 2pm/3pm kick off, I think he was in the 6th or 7th tier). Not ideal, but if you're fit enough I guess it's just about do-able!Jwarren wrote:Looks like sport or Royal Mail then
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Need help and advice
Sack or sport or leave simple
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Need help and advice
I suspect there are far more worthy causes or commitments that RM would refuse to accommodate any kind of special arrangement for, I think it's fair to say you've got no chance!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Need help and advice
To be frank, unless Royal Mail benefits from you playing sport you have no chance of getting Saturdays off, so unless you play at International Level (if so please contact the bloke in my Avatar).
However, nothing to stop you asking, nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.
However, nothing to stop you asking, nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Need help and advice
probably why were workin twice as hard now thanks to the guy at your last DO don't mean you pewtyArthurPewty wrote:Guy at my last DO played semi-pro Saturday's - he worked the morning as well. Gaffer's let him come in early and get out early (7am ish) he'd run his round, finish before 11 and get off to the football (presumably 2pm/3pm kick off, I think he was in the 6th or 7th tier). Not ideal, but if you're fit enough I guess it's just about do-able!Jwarren wrote:Looks like sport or Royal Mail then
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"