Do you take your van home at lunch?
The PHG staff always tell me I'm mad not to as everybody else does, it's my understanding though you need an agreement that it's a 'safe place' to do so before you can take a van home but literally everybody does in my office. I just worry that if ever I had a knock on route home I'd be right in the s**t.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Collection Drivers
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Collection Drivers
Like a lot of things in RM that go on, all good and well, until the proverbial hits the fan, then questions get asked and fingers get pointed and ultimately somebody's neck is on the line.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Collection Drivers
Your office is effectively stealing fuel! And are forever going off route.
Strange goings on if you ask me, the hub hasn't a canteen then?
Strange goings on if you ask me, the hub hasn't a canteen then?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Collection Drivers
It's funny how different offices work. If our local collection drivers were caught calling at home for their break they'd probably be suspended.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Collection Drivers
Yes,
I know of friends whose postman was suspended for going home for his break.
Firstly 'theft' of fuel, secondly travelling time maybe added to break and thirdly integrity of mail, easier to take something into ones own house than back out of a delivery Office.

I know of friends whose postman was suspended for going home for his break.
Firstly 'theft' of fuel, secondly travelling time maybe added to break and thirdly integrity of mail, easier to take something into ones own house than back out of a delivery Office.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Collection Drivers
I take mine home before I start a collection may be if its just for half an hour or so been doing this since I started

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
Collection Drivers
In my office there is signs up everywhere saying no one is allowed to take Company vehicles home for Breaks or between Delivery and collections. These notices are signed by DOM and CWU rep. These signs only went up after someone parked a van outside his house on a Double Yellow line and a truck took the side off the van.
People stopped taking vans home for about 3-4 days, and now everyone seems to use vans for Breaks. I've even seen a van on Double Yellows parked out side the offending posties house.
Rules are made to be broken, just don't get caught...........
People stopped taking vans home for about 3-4 days, and now everyone seems to use vans for Breaks. I've even seen a van on Double Yellows parked out side the offending posties house.
Rules are made to be broken, just don't get caught...........
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Collection Drivers
Taking any works vehicle home changes a persons tax code
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Collection Drivers
Overnight retention hasn't changed my tax code.TheTrolleyMan wrote:Taking any works vehicle home changes a persons tax code
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Collection Drivers
and nor will itLounge Lizard wrote:Overnight retention hasn't changed my tax code.TheTrolleyMan wrote:Taking any works vehicle home changes a persons tax code
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP