ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Old v young
-
notts1862
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 07 Feb 2013, 08:39
- Gender: Male
Old v young
Has packets have dropped I've transferred temporary to deliverys. I'm over 50 years of age and bloody hell it's hard work. Even harder when you got a young lad with you in a van share.
To all you young ones stop rushing around and give us oldies a chance.
To all you young ones stop rushing around and give us oldies a chance.
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
Old v young
I'm right with you on this one.my van share partner is 20 years younger & fairly new to the job,I keep asking him to slow down but I'm sure they think it's a game,first one back to the van winsnotts1862 wrote:Has packets have dropped I've transferred temporary to deliverys. I'm over 50 years of age and bloody hell it's hard work. Even harder when you got a young lad with you in a van share.
To all you young ones stop rushing around and give us oldies a chance.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Old v young
We have a 63 year old partnering a 22 year old in my office 
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Old v young
The trouble is RM dont accept the age issue and just expect everyone to be the same speed which is fast.What a load of crap that is!! I wonder how many of them that say this could keep up with good atheletes? Not many if any.Everyone is different whether young or old ,and its about time they realised this!!!!notts1862 wrote:Has packets have dropped I've transferred temporary to deliverys. I'm over 50 years of age and bloody hell it's hard work. Even harder when you got a young lad with you in a van share.
To all you young ones stop rushing around and give us oldies a chance.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Old v young
I'm 42 and work with 24yr old ,I find it tough, doesn't help he's a fitness freak. That said he does fly round clearing the large and doing the boxes. So I at least know all that energy isn't wasted.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Old v young
Their whole reasoning on van share,was that the slowest person would catch up with the quickest ,therefore evening things out, however when these idiots woke up and realised that the chain is only as strong as its weakest (slowest) link, therefore resulting in cut offs ,they didn't know what to do. Still don't.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Old v young
I'm 58, my drivers rest day cover is 27. he knows I have had 2 knee replacements and I don't have a hope in hell in keeping up, nor would I even try. you go at your own comfortable pace and not what is dictated. he finishes his loops before me then goes off to do packets. it works.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Old v young
Similar situation to me but he sits in the van playing with his phonepod thing.daveyeff wrote:I'm 58, my drivers rest day cover is 27. he knows I have had 2 knee replacements and I don't have a hope in hell in keeping up, nor would I even try. you go at your own comfortable pace and not what is dictated. he finishes his loops before me then goes off to do packets. it works.
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
Old v young
What is the unions stance on this age situation?
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Old v young
Realistically, what do you expect them to do? Age isn't always a factor anyway. I'm in my early 20's and there's blokes 30 years older than me at my place who are just as quick, more so in some cases.walkthewalk wrote:What is the unions stance on this age situation?
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Old v young
The old book of postal instructions says " those over 55 should be given assistance even if they don't ask for it"!. try this one on the DIM 
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Old v young
In a few years, this post will be titled, young v machines, the old laid to waste by 6 hour plus deliveries. When it is finally just machines, RM will finally get a workforce that delivers for nought, that never complains, that don't go off sick with pay.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3345
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Old v young
Bionic implants will be necessary to even get close to retirement age. Alas, RM would rather give Moya six million dollars than spend it rebuilding its employees 
The machine stops.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Old v young
Machines have their drawbacks - this one seems confounded by the lack of letterbox

This one has just been told its double lapsing Tuesday

Of course its not just Posties who are under threat. Lineos and Doms may be replace by our favourite Android.

This one has just been told its double lapsing Tuesday

Of course its not just Posties who are under threat. Lineos and Doms may be replace by our favourite Android.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Old v young
doh when I saw the topic I thought it was a link to certain kind of website 