ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by Anonymouse »

I left Royal Mail last year and had a steady job since. However, 2 months ago my gf got offered a job in another part of the country and so we decided to move.
I've found it hard getting another job or at least something over 16 hours.
A job at Royal Mail came up in my new town and i, maybe somewhat stupidly, applied. I have my interview on Friday!

Do I need to bring anything with me? I can't remember if I brought anything along with me the first time around. It's not mentioned in the email confirmation but there's a niggle at the back of my mind.


What have I done? :d'oh!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by CPTNemoUK »

ARE YOU MAD :left:. I would just play it safe and take proof of id NI Number and bank details. Im sure somebody will be along soon with the correct details and good luck if you get the job :Very Happy
woking
Posts: 64
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
Gender: Male
Location: wokingham

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by woking »

birth certificate
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by Ricardo44 »

You might need to prove that you are able to work in the UK.

Take your passport..or..birth certificate, Driving licence and utility bill. You will need your driving licence anyway.

Good Luck
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by feduppostie »

Address on driving licence must match address on application, passport, proof of NI number, utility bill
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by Shaders »

Certification of insanity :left:
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by datasaint »

What made you choose to leave in the first place?

You realise it won't have changed sinced? :wave
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Have a look on the New Starters forum. Probably loads of info on there. Good luck.
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by Anonymouse »

Ah birth certificate. Think that's what i had at the back of my mind. Thanks folks.
norm wrote:What made you choose to leave in the first place?

You realise it won't have changed sinced? :wave
I left to start a job working in an area that my college years was geared towards. Ended up not enjoying it much but stuck with it. Then my gf's job came up and so we went for the big move.

I know it'll still be crap but the money was ok and there's not much else around. I'm not seeing this as a long term thing although I think i said that first time around :chuckle
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by Brandy »

norm wrote:What made you choose to leave in the first place?

You realise it won't have changed sinced? :wave
Just got worse! :crazy:
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by picture123 »

Proof of identity- passport
Proof of address-utility bill last 3 months or valid driving license
Proof of right to work in uk- national insurance card or letter from hmrc
Health consent form
And you need all these photocopied!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by clashcityrocker »

Just remember to take your lapsing.
Nothing else seems to matter at the moment.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Going back. I must be mad! Interview help

Post by Darren Bent »

but the new office might be better run with better staff. :left: