ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Off sick and manager keeps ringing

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Off sick and manager keeps ringing

Post by Barbel »

I phoned my manager on Sunday evening to let him know I wouldn't be in work on the Monday, I got a sick note from the GP to cover me for the whole of the week, my manager rang me THREE times yesterday to see what was going on despite me telling him I was waiting to see the doctor, I called him back and told him I had a sick note, then at 9am this morning my phone rings and it's my manager again though I don't know what he wanted as I didn't get to the phone in time, surely this is some kind harassment? I feel bad enough as it is without be hounded every day despite have a doctor's note.
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Off sick and manager keeps ringing

Post by smok3y666 »

Add his number to your phones black list. Do RM or your manager contribute to your phone bill? No? So why they harassing you on your personal phone.
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Off sick and manager keeps ringing

Post by Shaders »

You don't even need a doctors not for the first seven days ( including Sat & Sun)
No he shouldn't be ringing you as often as he is, yes reasonable contact must be kept but three times a day isn't reasonable.
Unfortunately your not the only one who is harassed by managers whilst on the sick.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Off sick and manager keeps ringing

Post by rehabron »

Barbel wrote:I phoned my manager on Sunday evening to let him know I wouldn't be in work on the Monday, I got a sick note from the GP to cover me for the whole of the week, my manager rang me THREE times yesterday to see what was going on despite me telling him I was waiting to see the doctor, I called him back and told him I had a sick note, then at 9am this morning my phone rings and it's my manager again though I don't know what he wanted as I didn't get to the phone in time, surely this is some kind harassment? I feel bad enough as it is without be hounded every day despite have a doctor's note.
Provided you have complied with the contact arrangements in the attendance procedure and have been mutually agreed but this has been exceeded by manager inform manager that you intend taking a civil action brought against him/her personally under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 that the persistent phone calls are causing you alarm and distress. This act which was originally designed for stalking and jury tampering has now been successfully applied in employment law. :wave :wave
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Off sick and manager keeps ringing

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Keep a referee's whistle by the phone :whistle