ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
£17.00 an hour Postie?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
£17.00 an hour Postie?
I get job alerts from Indeed and a few other job sites (always on the lookout for something else!)
And whenever I get one showing a RM job for a postman with driving it always states the pay as £7.40-£17.00 per hour,
Even including delivery supplement our pay is nothing like £17.00 per hour, am I being a bit thick? How can RM advertise this pay rate?
And whenever I get one showing a RM job for a postman with driving it always states the pay as £7.40-£17.00 per hour,
Even including delivery supplement our pay is nothing like £17.00 per hour, am I being a bit thick? How can RM advertise this pay rate?
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
£17.00 an hour Postie?
Prob hgv1 or whatever its called these days. Opg rate generally £10 per hour or less.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
£17.00 an hour Postie?
deltaforce wrote:Prob hgv1 or whatever its called these days. Opg rate generally £10 per hour or less.
Nope, the job advertised is simply postman/postwoman with driving... no mention at all of any other roles and it's not just a one off mistake, I've seen the same figures on numerous other ads.
https://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=05d ... bgt18gqc47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
£17.00 an hour Postie?
Says further down 10.57per hour after trial period 18 + its prob headline bait to draw you in. Anyhow I don't know of any uniform grade delivering letters on 17 per hour
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
£17.00 an hour Postie?
I'm on £10.57 per hour plus 61½p Delivery Supplement so that totals plus £11.18½ per hour
and the stamps at Christmas just gets it up to £11.20.

Maybe London Weighting is £5.80 an hour.
Maybe London Weighting is £5.80 an hour.
Last edited by Lounge Lizard on 24 Jun 2017, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
£17.00 an hour Postie?
£17 p/h, we can only dream. But spare a thought for poor old Moya who wouldn't get out of bed for less than £880 p/h
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
£17.00 an hour Postie?
The agency might be getting £17 p/h but the postie won't be. 
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
£17.00 an hour Postie?
Rumble,Rumple wrote:£17 p/h, we can only dream. But spare a thought for poor old Moya who wouldn't get out of bed for less than £880 p/h
I didn't really want to think of poor old Moya getting out of bed.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
£17.00 an hour Postie?
The ghosts in our place are getting £21 per hour for the time in between finishing their usual duty and their scheduled finishing time. Then they usually get a couple of extra hours overtime when they are actually sat on their arses at home.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
£17.00 an hour Postie?
I think it is a misprint it should read 17.00 hours in the evening when you are likely to finish your route.
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
£17.00 an hour Postie?
Sunday pay on the front counter in the southeast is just over £17 per hr.wacko74 wrote:I get job alerts from Indeed and a few other job sites (always on the lookout for something else!)
And whenever I get one showing a RM job for a postman with driving it always states the pay as £7.40-£17.00 per hour,
Even including delivery supplement our pay is nothing like £17.00 per hour, am I being a bit thick? How can RM advertise this pay rate?
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
£17.00 an hour Postie?
after this years pay rise 17 sounds about right
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
£17.00 an hour Postie?
That's a 50% increase.lightningpostman wrote:after this years pay rise 17 sounds about right
Why hasn't the CWU given us the good news yet ?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
£17.00 an hour Postie?
i wonder how much the HGV class 1 drivers DO get though?? I bet its a canny bit more than footsoldiers get. rightly so?...maybe. they are classed as professional. aren't we?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
£17.00 an hour Postie?
Plenty of class1 drivers outside of RM are only on £8-9 per hour, wouldn't know what RM's are on.