ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Toilet breaks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rumble1234
Posts: 58
Joined: 07 Dec 2010, 11:52
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by rumble1234 »

Hi can anyone let me know how much time we have for toilet breaks over your working day. Cheers.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by Creditshampoo »

I go whenever I wish. Toilets are there to be used! Make sure you drink more in hot weather royal mail might not like you relieving yourself on their time but nothing they can do about it.

You can't be treated like school kids in an exam!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Toilet breaks

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Get a rural duty and behind a hedge doesn't amount to more than about a minute a day. :nana
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by Kings Norton »

rumble1234 wrote:Hi can anyone let me know how much time we have for toilet breaks over your working day. Cheers.
Is this a P**s take?
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by Postie45 »

rumble1234 wrote:Hi can anyone let me know how much time we have for toilet breaks over your working day. Cheers.
there isnt a set amount, but we`re all adults there shouldnt be a rule for this needed. A few 3-4 minute breaks for this over the day is acceptable just dont take the piss.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by rehabron »

rumble1234 wrote:Hi can anyone let me know how much time we have for toilet breaks over your working day. Cheers.
Your body will tell you :thumbup :thumbup
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Toilet breaks

Post by Lounge Lizard »

rehabron wrote:
rumble1234 wrote:Hi can anyone let me know how much time we have for toilet breaks over your working day. Cheers.
Your body will tell you :thumbup :thumbup
Especially with a good curry the previous night. :shock: :shock:
m456an
Posts: 12
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 11:35
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by m456an »

I think it is 10 mins Max, minimum 1 minute if you do not wash your hands.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Toilet breaks

Post by Lounge Lizard »

No hand washing out on a rural delivery. :cuppa
Stunl3y
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by Stunl3y »

The fact you need to ask this beggers belief , has this company got to people this much ?
cantonkid1955
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 163
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by cantonkid1955 »

Creditshampoo wrote:I go whenever I wish. Toilets are there to be used! Make sure you drink more in hot weather royal mail might not like you relieving yourself on their time but nothing they can do about it.

You can't be treated like school kids in an exam!
..I was advised to get my hair cut in my own time and not work time,,I advised them that since my hair grows during work time,,ill get it cut during work time,
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by Creditshampoo »

cantonkid1955 wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:I go whenever I wish. Toilets are there to be used! Make sure you drink more in hot weather royal mail might not like you relieving yourself on their time but nothing they can do about it.

You can't be treated like school kids in an exam!
..I was advised to get my hair cut in my own time and not work time,,I advised them that since my hair grows during work time,,ill get it cut during work time,
You, are a fool.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Toilet breaks

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Or is it a case of Reductio Ad Absurdum :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by Dexydog »

If I'm out on delivery and need the toilet, I will drive to the nearest public convenience, if open, then continue my round.
If that sends me over my time, it gets booked as overtime.
It really is that simple.
Dantheunit
Posts: 40
Joined: 02 Aug 2016, 10:11
Gender: Male

Toilet breaks

Post by Dantheunit »

rumble1234 wrote:Hi can anyone let me know how much time we have for toilet breaks over your working day. Cheers.
depends on seniority
No doorstepping though :no no