ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Uniform tax allowance
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Uniform tax allowance
Does anybody know what the HMRC allowance is for uniform cleaning?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Uniform tax allowance
£60
https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-emplo ... -and-tools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-emplo ... -and-tools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If your occupation isn’t listed, you may still be able to claim a standard annual amount of £60 in tax relief.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Uniform tax allowance
is this applied automatically or do you need to go through some hoops?
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Uniform tax allowance
Speak to the tax office and explain about your job. I think they can backdate it 4 years for any other jobs you had using a uniform. I think when might got backdated I got approx £60. Better than nothing.lightningpostman wrote:is this applied automatically or do you need to go through some hoops?