ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Called into meet Manager

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Called into meet Manager

Post by P739 »

How often do you have to go into meet with a manager when you are off sick What are rules regarding this issue ?
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Called into meet Manager

Post by Kings Norton »

P739 wrote:How often do you have to go into meet with a manager when you are off sick What are rules regarding this issue ?
One visit within a month but keep contact via phone every week.
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Called into meet Manager

Post by P739 »

Kings Norton wrote:
P739 wrote:How often do you have to go into meet with a manager when you are off sick What are rules regarding this issue ?
One visit within a month but keep contact via phone every week.
Thanks
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Called into meet Manager

Post by Sir Henry »

THEY are supposed to have a face to face meeting before 28 days elapse, YOU on the other hand are in no way obligated to attend. As to keeping in contact, the type and frequency of contact is to be AGREED between you and the Dom or Lino
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Called into meet Manager

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I had to ring once a week when I was off sick long-term.
Daniel-san
Posts: 74
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 17:51
Gender: Male

Called into meet Manager

Post by Daniel-san »

I was called every bloody day, off with bad back and could hardly walk!
FAB
Posts: 234
Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
Gender: Male

Called into meet Manager

Post by FAB »

Last time I was sick I was phoned or had to phone everyday. Even when I told them on the Monday I had an appointment with the doctor on the Wednesday I still had a phone call on the Tuesday for an update! Idiots!
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Called into meet Manager

Post by Shaders »

Good Morning, it's Mr/s Harrasment here, just giving you you daily totally unnecessary phone call to make sure you are at home.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Called into meet Manager

Post by Brandy »

FAB wrote:Last time I was sick I was phoned or had to phone everyday. Even when I told them on the Monday I had an appointment with the doctor on the Wednesday I still had a phone call on the Tuesday for an update! Idiots!
Who phones the managers when they are off sick!! Oh sorry forgot managers are so perfect they are never off sick!!!!!!! :d'oh!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Called into meet Manager

Post by Lounge Lizard »

If managers want to keep in touch they can phone us ( once a week ) not us phone them. :thumbup :cuppa
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Called into meet Manager

Post by POSTMAN »

As per the attendance procedure ( http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=52975" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) you agree a contact strategy.
Every day contact is taking the piss! Inform them of said agreement.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.