Hi guys
So I'm in my second week & im surviving :-)
I'm finding it really hard on my feet/ankles/calves but I know it will get easier. Well I bloody hope so!!
I'm enjoying it so far & have had a really good trainer who's lovely so I'm guessing that has really helped. My manager & the posies that I've met all seem nice too....So far!
My trainer done the rounds with me all last week, sometimes letting me do roads on my own & sometimes shadowing me. I've picked it up really well & becUse of people calling in sick this week, I was put out on my own yesterday & then my trainer came & helped me finish off my duty once he had done his.
I must admit I found it abit lonely this week without him so I took my headphones with me today which made a difference. My days off are on rotation so that's good. Really pleased about that.
So in a nut shell I'm loving the job & getting on well but my feet/ankles/calves are the killers :-(((( My feet get soooo hot & feel like they're throbbing :-((
Any tips welcome.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
My second week :-)) Update
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
My second week :-)) Update
You will be fine as long as you like walking
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
My second week :-)) Update
the first two months are the worse body wise, one day you will just think, that didn't hurt and you will be through the worse.
please don't get used to having your own walk or a rotational day off.
you will soon be pushed from pillar to post with different walks thrown at you. normally at around 6 weeks from your start date.
don't get dishearted though, you only don't know where you are going on a walk once.
Hang in there and don't let the B'stards grind you down
:)
please don't get used to having your own walk or a rotational day off.
you will soon be pushed from pillar to post with different walks thrown at you. normally at around 6 weeks from your start date.
don't get dishearted though, you only don't know where you are going on a walk once.
Hang in there and don't let the B'stards grind you down
:)
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
My second week :-)) Update
when you can afford a new pair of trainers, make sure there light weight and breathable most of the new nike, addidas stuff are lightweight and a fabric type of shoe that let your feet breath.
apart from the trainer suggestion just keep at it and hopefully you will be in the 5% who actually stay in the job!
apart from the trainer suggestion just keep at it and hopefully you will be in the 5% who actually stay in the job!
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
My second week :-)) Update
I'm pretty sure you won't be covered if you have an accident on delivery, if you are wearing your own non-RM trainers, so worth considering if intent on using them.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
My second week :-)) Update
Sorry to be a bearer of doom but no, it won't get any easier on your feet, ankles and calves!
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
My second week :-)) Update
you are allowed to use own footwear if covered by a doctors note and they're not too flashy colour wise and you can claim £30 towards them,LouBarlow wrote:I'm pretty sure you won't be covered if you have an accident on delivery, if you are wearing your own non-RM trainers, so worth considering if intent on using them.
even then, i don't and wear bright coloured ones,
my manager now and then asks me to pop RM shoes on in office if there's a top'nob coming or they have the annual clamp down on uniform h&s stuff for a week or so.
standard issue RM trainers cripple me, only cats i've found ok and can't get them anymore
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
My second week :-)) Update
Six weeks from your start date, then six minutes after your start time, "we need to move you",after you have just started throwing in,followed by a further three moves,so you feel like a chess piecedoorstepped wrote:the first two months are the worse body wise, one day you will just think, that didn't hurt and you will be through the worse.
please don't get used to having your own walk or a rotational day off.
you will soon be pushed from pillar to post with different walks thrown at you. normally at around 6 weeks from your start date.
don't get dishearted though, you only don't know where you are going on a walk once.
Hang in there and don't let the B'stards grind you down
:)