ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Some advice please on how to get overtime elsewhere.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Some advice please on how to get overtime elsewhere.
Im a 25hr reserve but I reguarly do about 40-45hrs a week by coming in early some days and doing the odd hour or two on afternoon packets. As from next week my contract hours jump to 28hrs and will get my own duty as we are having a duty structure change. Although there will still be bits and bats left over for OT I may be fighting for it and coming in early will probably get cut so i'm a little bit concerned about any OT. I don't need lots of hours and I think if I could try and get a further 10hrs a week in OT I'd be ok. I wouldn't mind working my day off in another office but would this be limited to offices in my sector and how would be the best way of finding out if they need an extra body? Do I see my manager to ask around each week? Would I be allowed to work one evening a week for a few hours in a mail centre maybe?
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Some advice please on how to get overtime elsewhere.
I think you are "owned" by your parent DO,so they have first use of you. I don't believe there is anything preventing you from working elsewhere,I have done it in the past and I have seen others work in MC's ,but make sure you get paid though.
-
Poole70
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Some advice please on how to get overtime elsewhere.
If there is a Mail Centre near to where you are based you can go and do overtime there...You need to introduce yourself to the person who compiles the work rota for the shifts...If you are Royal Mail staff whoever is working on reception at the Mail Centre will be able to point you in the right direction...I work as a postie and also do a couple of evenings sorting or collecting at my local Mail Centre...I have to list myself as available for overtime and then see what shifts I am given...it works on an aggregate basis so initially you should list yourself as being available pretty much every evening...once you start getting shifts and you get to know managers you'll find that you get offered more shifts...you get paid via your own DO , you just submit your hours to your DOM and he gets confirmation that you worked the hours directly from the Mail Centre...hope this helps.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Some advice please on how to get overtime elsewhere.
There are quite a few people in our office who travel to the mail centre after they've done their days work on the beat.