ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Vans
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Vans
Dont forget the trimble, which is only there to save fuel, secondary to driving safetly, gotta save more fuel, moya wants 23% pay rise and a massive bonus.mondeo1 wrote:Got a couple of 17 plate vans with petrol engines,is company going to change whole fleet over now?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Vans
He meant it was only petrol for the time it took to drain the tank.Wednesday wrote:What are you supposed to put in a petrol engine if it's not unleaded ?????Nigel1505 wrote:We briefly had a petrol engine Bipper, when I put unleaded in it. Whoops.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Wednesday
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Vans
Thank you for putting me right,should have read it more closely!!,It's been a long day!!Wednesday wrote:What are you supposed to put in a petrol engine if it's not unleaded ?????Nigel1505 wrote:We briefly had a petrol engine Bipper, when I put unleaded in it. Whoops.
-
donein
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
- Location: north devon
Vans
Shaders wrote:I'm sure theres a clipboard with a piece of paper on somewhere you'll have to sign to say you wontsussexlad wrote: They might get a few Mis-fueling problems while they bring in petrol engines slowly.
spot on mate
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Vans
That's what the advertising says, I reality it's a load of crap. My Mrs bought a new 0.9 turbo petrol a year ago, it averages 32mpg overall.wacko74 wrote:Petrol would make plenty of sense for our fleet and usage, with short journeys and constant stop-start, the newest petrol engines are just as fuel efficient and more reliable than diesels.
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Vans
At our place only certain drivers can drive the petrol vans, u have to sign something, so I guess if u but the wrong fuel it's conduct code. I did hear somebody at another office lost there job for butting the wrong fuel in the van, the reason being they said he/she had signed to say that they where driving a petrol van.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Vans
I suspect when it comes to official manufacturer MPG figures it doesn't matter whether it's petrol or diesel they have to be taken with an extremely large pinch of salt!OnAFlyer wrote:That's what the advertising says, I reality it's a load of crap. My Mrs bought a new 0.9 turbo petrol a year ago, it averages 32mpg overall.wacko74 wrote:Petrol would make plenty of sense for our fleet and usage, with short journeys and constant stop-start, the newest petrol engines are just as fuel efficient and more reliable than diesels.