ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Election material

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sickofthejob
Posts: 52
Joined: 18 May 2012, 19:17
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by sickofthejob »

I thought election material was time sensitive? Some walks in our office still have trays of the addressed stuff still untouched!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Election material

Post by k979aaa »

sickofthejob wrote:I thought election material was time sensitive? Some walks in our office still have trays of the addressed stuff still untouched!
Sensitive could be radioactive just depends on views and where you are delivering it to but for most people just deliver it but I can understand why people have objections!
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by joewyan »

sickofthejob wrote:I thought election material was time sensitive? Some walks in our office still have trays of the addressed stuff still untouched!
Addressed election material should be delivered within 3 days. Non-addressed election material should be delivered within 7 days of being received.
Pikeman180
Posts: 39
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 14:32
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by Pikeman180 »

What happens if we get addressed on Tuesday or unaddressed during the week? Do we deliver on Thursday or even later???
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by 97gaz »

A
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Election material

Post by k979aaa »

Pikeman180 wrote:What happens if we get addressed on Tuesday or unaddressed during the week? Do we deliver on Thursday or even later???
No not allowed to on election day so NO!
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by centenaryman »

give our bosses credit,,,,,when election stuff comes in they give us an a4 sheet ,,,,,says party,,,number and days to deliver,,,,ie 3 days addressed or 7 unaddressed.

All has to be delivered by next Wednesday an also this time they tell us Saturdays arnt included in this 3 or 7 days.
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by ewancurze »

It has been such a busy week that most election stuff was not done in my office,so Friday night they had staff in just prepping election stuff into frames....all got to go Saturday they said.....then the cold,hard reality of what they were saying began to bite........"OK,you have got till Monday then".Ha.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by POSTMAN »

97gaz wrote:As far as I know it's illegal to deliver election campaign material on polling day. All offices should be checking to make sure frames are clear of all leaflets by Wednesday at the latest.
Correct, despite miss information being pushed elsewhere. :hmmmm
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I know thw walk i am on today, the election stuff wasn't touched last week. Hope they don't expect me to do it all :arrrghhh
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Election material

Post by Shaders »

Our office has only had Conservative, Labour, and Lib Dems, not sure if the rest are coming but they won't all get done if they turn up tomorrow.
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by ewancurze »

I don't mind prepping election stuff in my own time as we get 6p per item,on some loops I know how many calls I have so I just take them off the bottom of the pile as I walk round....throw off into the frame where I am NOT going before I go out.
Sometimes this is not practical though.
Will be interesting to see what happens at the next election if we are not paid for them :cuppa
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Our office only had ukip labour and conservative. Think lib dems know they haven't got a chance in my area :left:
Binsey
Posts: 390
Joined: 14 Aug 2015, 17:33
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by Binsey »

According to the CWU Facebook page there's a huge Labour Party posting for tomorrow?
Anyone comfirm?
Binsey
Posts: 390
Joined: 14 Aug 2015, 17:33
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by Binsey »

Accidentally to the Union page on this forum apparently so..........