ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

D2D for part timers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gordonparrish1
Posts: 17
Joined: 03 Mar 2017, 14:37
Gender: Male

D2D for part timers

Post by Gordonparrish1 »

What's the deal with part timers (30hr contract here) having to do d2d's every day when I'm not paid to do so? I've been doing 6 days as they're understaffed and extra money su always good...but my d2d supplement is still the same 14 quid regardless of how any days I do yet I'm doing them every day.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3221
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

D2D for part timers

Post by Acca Dacca »

Not this s**t again
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12193
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

D2D for part timers

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Gordonparrish1 wrote:What's the deal with part timers (30hr contract here) having to do d2d's every day when I'm not paid to do so? I've been doing 6 days as they're understaffed and extra money su always good...but my d2d supplement is still the same 14 quid regardless of how any days I do yet I'm doing them every day.
No such thing as a "d2d supplement", delivery staff get a delivery supplement which varies depending on how many hours you work but stays the same for them hours no matter how many d2ds you have, you might have 10, it'd still be the same
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

D2D for part timers

Post by fishtank »

He's got an excuse he's only been with us 6 weeks, whoever "trained" him doesn't though.
Is it really 7 years since we had a d2d payment, how time flies....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

D2D for part timers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Gordonparrish1 wrote:What's the deal with part timers (30hr contract here) having to do d2d's every day when I'm not paid to do so? I've been doing 6 days as they're understaffed and extra money su always good...but my d2d supplement is still the same 14 quid regardless of how any days I do yet I'm doing them every day.
The Delivery Supplement amount is fixed to your contract hours with reference to wages. However, any and all overtime up to 39 hours is paid at a special rate to take in account the extra Delivery Supplement you should have got. I think it appears on your pay statement as something along the lines of SSPR. (Specific Supplemented Pay Rate ?)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Kick the Bucket
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
Gender: Male

D2D for part timers

Post by Kick the Bucket »

You're paid for a contractual amount of time, not an amount of work. If prepping those door to doors takes you 5 hours, it makes no difference to you, you can finish on your finish time.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

D2D for part timers

Post by PHARRY »

Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

D2D for part timers

Post by BeamishStout »

PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
Delivery supplement is paid £23.96 for full-timers.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

D2D for part timers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
Are you working for free :shock:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

D2D for part timers

Post by ScousePostie »

PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
It's part of our workload.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

D2D for part timers

Post by Judgee »

PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid

Seriously? :crazy:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
blisterfeet
Posts: 103
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
Gender: Male

D2D for part timers

Post by blisterfeet »

PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid
Do you not get a wage at the end of the week?
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

D2D for part timers

Post by NewPostieUK »

Gordonparrish1 wrote:What's the deal with part timers (30hr contract here) having to do d2d's every day
Every duty is different never mind every office, however, for comparison, I'm 30 hrs and don't touch door to doors other than to push them through the letterbox,

They have been put into the workload. Specifically the workload referred to as prep. The person who is responsible for prepping my duty on any given day is responsible for prepping all items, including door to doors. If they aren't prepped they aren't delivered.

Of course, I could be instructed to prep them by the manager, but that would have an impact on my other duties, such as delivering. If I spend 30 mins prepping door to doors, I leave 30 mins of delivery behind.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

D2D for part timers

Post by NewPostieUK »

Judgee wrote:
PHARRY wrote:Why do we do D2D s if we don't get paid

Seriously? :crazy:
Must be one of those new fangled zero payment contracts.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

D2D for part timers

Post by Postie45 »

i joined as a postman, why am i delivering all these parcels for free ?

:arrrghhh