ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Exams/courses

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
The Goats Toe
Posts: 26
Joined: 29 Sep 2009, 18:45
Gender: Male

Exams/courses

Post by The Goats Toe »

I'm half way through a diploma and hopefully when I get it (start of next year) I will be enrolling on a further course. This will require 8 case study weekends, how does RM look at me asking for time off for a) current exams and b) case study weekends? I know I can try and swop my long weekends to these but it's not always feasible.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Exams/courses

Post by Lounge Lizard »

They won't take kindly to expecting to have a life beyond Royal Mail. :crazy:
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Exams/courses

Post by Darren Bent »

You have to make sure it work round your job not other way round. due to working 6 days a week it is more complicated than necessary :( but you need to do evening classes/open university course and use your annual leave for studying in campus for 2 or 3 weeks. You could ask for a career break.

Talk to the management to see what they suggests.