ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Horrible management.
-
Gordonparrish1
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 03 Mar 2017, 14:37
- Gender: Male
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Horrible management.
Did you let them know about the van when it break down so they can organise cover ? Just asking Normally they should get someone to collect the mail and spread around with management/light duties people/spares.
-
Gordonparrish1
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 03 Mar 2017, 14:37
- Gender: Male
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Horrible management.
I didn't think it counted as a failure if it was circumstances beyond your control. Like extreme weather or H&S issues. I might be wrong, though.
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Horrible management.
Another example of cost cutting. Vans in our office are all knackered with nearly 100,000miles on the clock. They only stay on the road with the collaboration of the drivers. If you take the van off the road you either only cause problems for yourself hanging around waiting for it to be fixed or swapped!Gordonparrish1 wrote:Yeah, my manager was the first person I called and was told to phone the RAC and was left with 'if you get it started bringing it back to the office'. When I told them the Reg they said 'oh yeah...that's the one the cuts out every now and again'...
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Horrible management.
Typical manager scare tactics - if you don't do it today you have to do it the next day. My reply would be "I'll only be delivering what I can within my hours tomorrow".Gordonparrish1 wrote:My van broke down about an hour and thirty into my duty yesterday. I'd managed to get about a quarter of my round done...I've only there a few weeks so am still getting into the swing of it. After waiting for the RAC I got back to the office at 2, half hour before my duty finishes. My manager hands me a set of keys and said 'take this one'. When I questioned the fact I still have to do it when my duty finishes in half an hour and I'd be out until early evening finishing the response was 'but I can't fail'. Oh...forget me though! As long as you don't fail then f**k me! I was tempted to give her my high vis and tell her to go out and deliver it herself if she can't fail. I said I'd take it out but at the end of my duty I'm bringing back what I haven't done. I'm not prepared to let them start taking the pee. She said 'that's fine but you'll have to take it all tomorrow along with your usual round'. So that's my punishment for breaking down and waiting 2 hours for the RAC...thanks guys.
I went out and came back about 45 minutes later and the whole others was shut up and locked. Typical...I'm
Expected to stay out until early evening...but she shoots off at quarter to three and goes home. I've not been here long but I've never worked for a company that cares so little about their staff. Particularly the management...neither of which have ever been postman at my DO. They haven't got a clue what its like to actually do a round.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Horrible management.
If OP is new and a temp contract he should tread carefully. Yes nobody wants to be taken advantage of but you have to extend the good will in thhe other direction now and again also.
-
Gordonparrish1
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 03 Mar 2017, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Horrible management.
The overtime I've done over the last few weeks in order to get my rounds done is enough good will I think.
Last edited by Gordonparrish1 on 27 May 2017, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Horrible management.
Social media policy OP 
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Horrible management.
Senior management is like ISIS they would get one of their minions to take us all out if we do not conform to their will and demands!ranger1 wrote:Royal mail is run by fooking dick heads now....
In the 21 st century.... there are humans who think like nethandernals.... prehistoric entities.... running the company....... obsessed by their own greed and selfish wealth....
Fooking hell what is the human species coming to ??
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Horrible management.
a lot of the managers are posties who can no longer do the job so they turn to management
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4195
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Horrible management.
You're new, so they give you the clapped out van which they know has problems and because you are new the managers can also lean on you a bit more with bullying and intimidation in the event of problems which they know they have with this van?
Perhaps your best bet is the bullying and harassment helpline,and just explain everything that you have said here. It's totally confidential and I would advise you do it and name names. I wouldn't go to your rep unless you are in the union and you knew that your reps had got your back.
Perhaps your best bet is the bullying and harassment helpline,and just explain everything that you have said here. It's totally confidential and I would advise you do it and name names. I wouldn't go to your rep unless you are in the union and you knew that your reps had got your back.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Horrible management.
Might be an idea for the op to not use what sounds like a real name for a username. You don't know who could be reading these boards
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Horrible management.
A sad state I have to say ,and seeing it more and more,am sure Moya will be very proud of her culture of fear within this organisation! It's a gutty slog now with lapsing etc,I would think some managers are embarrassed by it all but dare not challenge anything for fear of being told to move on!?
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Horrible management.
Well saidloverman shabba wrote:a lot of the managers are posties who can no longer do the job so they turn to management