ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Replacement wheels or tyres for LWT....are these available?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Izzy
Posts: 125
Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09

Replacement wheels or tyres for LWT....are these available?

Post by Izzy »

The rubber on all the trolley tyres in my DO have worn away through to the softer rubber inner. The friction in use is noticeabley more than new tyres. Can we order replacements?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Replacement wheels or tyres for LWT....are these available?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I would think so, and someone should be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the trolleys in your office. Ask them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Izzy
Posts: 125
Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09

Replacement wheels or tyres for LWT....are these available?

Post by Izzy »

Thanks TBT.
I intend to speak to my managers. This is one of those situations where I'd like to know the answer before I ask the question. E.g. "Please boss may I have new tyres?" "Sorry replacements not possible" "Oh I thought you ordered them from X"
Will let you know how I get on.
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Replacement wheels or tyres for LWT....are these available?

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Romec replaced my tyres and gave a general going over of my HCT this week so i don't see why they can't do this to the LWT's
sussexlad
Posts: 161
Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
Gender: Male

Replacement wheels or tyres for LWT....are these available?

Post by sussexlad »

For some reason Romec are not allowed to repair LWT so you have to order replacements from assets and then send the old ones back when the new ones arrive. Having said that you could get Romec to come and fix a HCT and then ask if they could have a look at some LWT. A cup of coffee goes a long way with a Romec engineer.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Replacement wheels or tyres for LWT....are these available?

Post by rubberbond »

You could have a new one from our office,as there are loads of them lying around as only about 2 people use them.