
Frontline feedback has helped develop new cutting-edge footwear currently being trialled by colleagues across the country.
Two unique designs have been produced exclusively for Royal Mail by safety footwear specialists Panther and Magnum.
The Easyflex trainer is a slip-resistant, lightweight waterproof shoe built for comfort by Panther. The Magnum Bandera Strike, a wide-fit alternative inspired by hiking, has a moulded insole for shock absorption and a Michelin outsole for maximum grip. Both have received positive feedback.
Sherbourne postman Jon Cordingley, said: ‘I’ve been wearing the Easyflex for a few months now and I couldn’t ask for better footwear.
‘They’re very comfortable and a lot lighter than anything I’ve had for work before. I recently had a knee operation and they’ve made pounding the pavement for 12 miles a day much easier.’
His colleague Steve Strange, added: ‘The Easyflex are the best work shoes I’ve had in 15 years. The best feature is the non-slip soles, they’re a massive improvement.’
Kevin Hext, delivery office manager at Sherborne delivery office, said: ‘Our input has really been valued. We’ve had loads of contact with the team at Panther and they’ve been really hands-on, visiting us and making tweaks based on our feedback.’
Renfrew postman Eddie McIntosh, added: ‘The Magnum Banderas are excellent. They’ve dealt with the demands of a Scottish winter better than I could have expected.’