ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question about PDAs
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Question about PDAs
Question about the PDAs.
I am newish to Royal Mail and I love this forum. It has been extremely informative.
I have got to grips with the PDAs, except for how to use the SatNav on it and also what to do if it won't scan the 2D barcode. Can I enter it in manually?
I would really appreciate help as I don't really want my manager pulling me up on not scanning a tracked if the PDA was to be unco-operative.
Thanks
I am newish to Royal Mail and I love this forum. It has been extremely informative.
I have got to grips with the PDAs, except for how to use the SatNav on it and also what to do if it won't scan the 2D barcode. Can I enter it in manually?
I would really appreciate help as I don't really want my manager pulling me up on not scanning a tracked if the PDA was to be unco-operative.
Thanks
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Question about PDAs
If the 2-D barcode on a tracked won't scan, just scan the 1-D one with the 11 digit number on
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Question about PDAs
Thanks, sorry I do scan that one if it fails. Sorry I must mean the ones that aren't "tracked" but still have the 2d barcode. Maybe I am being daft and these don't need scanning.olilew wrote:If the 2-D barcode on a tracked won't scan, just scan the 1-D one with the 11 digit number on
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Question about PDAs
if you mean the bog standard printed 2d bar code on a normal parcel wont scan,,,,we asked last year when this came in.....post and deliver as normal dont try entering in to adhoc delivery the number... as you can do with a special/recorded or tracked the 2d bar code number can be long.
I find if a drop of water gets on some 2d barcodes they wont scan.
if the parcels be screwed up and the barcodes crumpled some wont scan
barcodes on tubes cause probs.
I attempt to scan everything,,,,wether or not it will scan is a different matter...that cant be helped
I find if a drop of water gets on some 2d barcodes they wont scan.
if the parcels be screwed up and the barcodes crumpled some wont scan
barcodes on tubes cause probs.
I attempt to scan everything,,,,wether or not it will scan is a different matter...that cant be helped
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Question about PDAs
I was told to scan 2d barcodes a few times and if it won't scan post as regular mail. 1D barcodes all need to be scanned or entered manually if they won't scan.
-
Hrh75
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 03 Mar 2017, 10:42
- Gender: Female
Question about PDAs
Select 'adhoc delivery', click it, and then you can manually input the number of the barcode
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Question about PDAs
Don't worry about it the PDA's are just as crap a the management it is just they blame you not our high class equipment which they cannot even use themselves!Interested-seeker wrote:Question about the PDAs.
I am newish to Royal Mail and I love this forum. It has been extremely informative.
I have got to grips with the PDAs, except for how to use the SatNav on it and also what to do if it won't scan the 2D barcode. Can I enter it in manually?
I would really appreciate help as I don't really want my manager pulling me up on not scanning a tracked if the PDA was to be unco-operative.
Thanks
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Question about PDAs
Our crap PDA's cost £1300 each. Google TC75.k979aaa wrote:Don't worry about it the PDA's are just as crap a the management it is just they blame you not our high class equipment which they cannot even use themselves!Interested-seeker wrote:Question about the PDAs.
I am newish to Royal Mail and I love this forum. It has been extremely informative.
I have got to grips with the PDAs, except for how to use the SatNav on it and also what to do if it won't scan the 2D barcode. Can I enter it in manually?
I would really appreciate help as I don't really want my manager pulling me up on not scanning a tracked if the PDA was to be unco-operative.
Thanks
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Question about PDAs
So it's the software then or the IT and the network and even the printed 2D barcodes on normal paper with ink jet printers and in the wet they run and are not scan able but at the end of the day the system is s**t!woopesh wrote:Our crap PDA's cost £1300 each. Google TC75.k979aaa wrote:Don't worry about it the PDA's are just as crap a the management it is just they blame you not our high class equipment which they cannot even use themselves!Interested-seeker wrote:Question about the PDAs.
I am newish to Royal Mail and I love this forum. It has been extremely informative.
I have got to grips with the PDAs, except for how to use the SatNav on it and also what to do if it won't scan the 2D barcode. Can I enter it in manually?
I would really appreciate help as I don't really want my manager pulling me up on not scanning a tracked if the PDA was to be unco-operative.
Thanks
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8873
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Question about PDAs
And just maybe the suppliers saw us coming and rubbed their hands exclaiming "Happy Days"woopesh wrote:Our crap PDA's cost £1300 each. Google TC75.k979aaa wrote:Don't worry about it the PDA's are just as crap a the management it is just they blame you not our high class equipment which they cannot even use themselves!Interested-seeker wrote:Question about the PDAs.
I am newish to Royal Mail and I love this forum. It has been extremely informative.
I have got to grips with the PDAs, except for how to use the SatNav on it and also what to do if it won't scan the 2D barcode. Can I enter it in manually?
I would really appreciate help as I don't really want my manager pulling me up on not scanning a tracked if the PDA was to be unco-operative.
Thanks
-
Darwinsdad
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Question about PDAs
I wonder if ours come from the guy down the market.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Question about PDAs
Thanks so muchHrh75 wrote:Select 'adhoc delivery', click it, and then you can manually input the number of the barcode
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Question about PDAs
Thanks everyone for not making me feel stupid :)k979aaa wrote:Don't worry about it the PDA's are just as crap a the management it is just they blame you not our high class equipment which they cannot even use themselves!Interested-seeker wrote:Question about the PDAs.
I am newish to Royal Mail and I love this forum. It has been extremely informative.
I have got to grips with the PDAs, except for how to use the SatNav on it and also what to do if it won't scan the 2D barcode. Can I enter it in manually?
I would really appreciate help as I don't really want my manager pulling me up on not scanning a tracked if the PDA was to be unco-operative.
Thanks
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Question about PDAs
lol my PDA was playing up the other day, I had to wait 5 mins to log back in. At that moment in time a customer answered the door - I had a tray load of packets/signed for letters for him!Darwinsdad wrote:I wonder if ours come from the guy down the market.....
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Question about PDAs
woopesh wrote:Our crap PDA's cost £1300 each. Google TC75.k979aaa wrote:Don't worry about it the PDA's are just as crap a the management it is just they blame you not our high class equipment which they cannot even use themselves!Interested-seeker wrote:Question about the PDAs.
I am newish to Royal Mail and I love this forum. It has been extremely informative.
I have got to grips with the PDAs, except for how to use the SatNav on it and also what to do if it won't scan the 2D barcode. Can I enter it in manually?
I would really appreciate help as I don't really want my manager pulling me up on not scanning a tracked if the PDA was to be unco-operative.
Thanks