sixfoottwo wrote:Hi Guys n Gals,
I lodged my appeal two weeks tomorrow and I haven't been given a appeal date yet should I be concerned?
I came across this in the Conduct code book (I received a serious)
A hearing will
then be arranged and held as soon as possible
and within two weeks (up to serious warning)
Rep is aware of it as is the area Rep along with the Dim, been pestering the local Rep but just say's relax
Any thoughts people?
Notification of intent to appeal
If an employee wishes to appeal a conduct action or dismissal, they must inform their manager within three working days of having receiving the written confirmation of the outcome. The employee should state the grounds for their appeal in this written notification. Step two: Appeal hearing arranged
Upon receiving the written notification to appeal from the employee, the manager should arrange an appeal hearing. This should be arranged as soon as possible and within two weeks (up to a serious warning) or within four weeks (for major penalties). The appeal manager should confirm in writing the date, time and location of the hearing at least five working days in advance of the hearing. The appeal manager should also forward the employee a copy of the file from the conduct meetings previously held which resulted in the conduct action that the employee is appealing against. Additionally, all employees have the right to be accompanied to the appeal hearing. Their companion may be: • A fellow work colleague normally from the same work location • An official employee of a trade union • A trade union representative For
The above is an extract of the Appeals Procedure from the Conduct code. You will note that you should have received copies of the documents 5 days before the appeal date and your appeal should have been within 2 weeks for a serious warning.
As you have now gone 2 weeks then RM will have breached the appeal procedure and I am sure that your rep will not be slow in informing RM of this fact.