Hi there.
I've been working as a postie for around a year now. I've worked hard, never had a sick day and have made an effort never to complain about anything.
Im on a 25 hour contract and work as a reserve.
So I am also an artist when not working. I have just been offered a tour to showcase my work, but of course it is in December! It would be about 10 days and finish on the 13th, then I could be at work the next day. My holiday has already been used up doing similar trips.
Do you guys think this is possible? With +5 months notice I'm hoping this could be allowed. I work at a big office with 200+ people so figure I'm pretty easy to lose.
Just trying to work out the best way to ask for it. My Doms pretty scary. I really don't want to quit this job but this is a big opportunity for me.
My first Christmas really didn't seem too bad. I think everyone likes saying it's horrendous but after covering a lot of rounds, I think everyone just likes to make a big deal out of it. At least at my office.
Thanks for the help.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Unpaid leave
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Unpaid leave
You can always ask, but in December most Delivery Offices have a leave ban.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Unpaid leave
I would think it's highly unlikely because it's December. It's at the companies discretion for something like that and in December they won't do it as so many other people would love to have time off then too
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Unpaid leave
very small chance, but you never know unless you ask i guess
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Unpaid leave
All units are different.
The fact nobody is on holiday might mean there is a greater chance of getting the time off.
I have worked in units where all the p/t staff were made full time for the xmas pressure and anyone deemed surplus was shunted off to the mail centre.
All you can do is ask.
The fact nobody is on holiday might mean there is a greater chance of getting the time off.
I have worked in units where all the p/t staff were made full time for the xmas pressure and anyone deemed surplus was shunted off to the mail centre.
All you can do is ask.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Unpaid leave
Very unlikely as Xmas pressure is normally when no leave is allowed
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Unpaid leave
UNPAID.
That means his DOM will make savings and he will be back for the 14/12.
I would grant it.
That means his DOM will make savings and he will be back for the 14/12.
I would grant it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Unpaid leave
clashcityrocker wrote:UNPAID.
That means his DOM will make savings and he will be back for the 14/12.
I would grant it.
I would as well, December is no longer the busiest month anyway and to be honest we were overstaffed most days last year, perhaps this year they might wake up and realise Christmas pressure is actually November now.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
stephen500
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1458
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 04:04
Unpaid leave
So did you get it?badmanowl wrote:Hi there.
I've been working as a postie for around a year now. I've worked hard, never had a sick day and have made an effort never to complain about anything.
Im on a 25 hour contract and work as a reserve.
So I am also an artist when not working. I have just been offered a tour to showcase my work, but of course it is in December! It would be about 10 days and finish on the 13th, then I could be at work the next day. My holiday has already been used up doing similar trips.
Do you guys think this is possible? With +5 months notice I'm hoping this could be allowed. I work at a big office with 200+ people so figure I'm pretty easy to lose.
Just trying to work out the best way to ask for it. My Doms pretty scary. I really don't want to quit this job but this is a big opportunity for me.
My first Christmas really didn't seem too bad. I think everyone likes saying it's horrendous but after covering a lot of rounds, I think everyone just likes to make a big deal out of it. At least at my office.
Thanks for the help.