I feeling abit concerned of what to actually wear when I first start.
I've been reading a lot on here & everyone is saying to get combat/cargo trousers however I can't find them in shops & ive searched on line but they seem to cost £20 plus. I really don't want to spend that on them & then when I actually start, I get my uniform as soon as.
Afew people have said newbies can order straight away so why would I spend money on them for afew days but then again, afew people have said newbies can't order uniform until after a good few weeks. So my question is.....Do you think I could wear leggings with trainers & a t-shirt ?? I'm a women btw lol Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What to wear until I get my uniform
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
What to wear until I get my uniform
comfortable trainers, and a plain tracksuit in dark grey/grey.
leggings should be ok t-shirt (try a plain colour red /grey) but weather is abit unpredictable maybe a tracktop/hoody also.
leggings should be ok t-shirt (try a plain colour red /grey) but weather is abit unpredictable maybe a tracktop/hoody also.
-
markst1
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 08 Sep 2016, 10:45
- Gender: Male
What to wear until I get my uniform
Depends where you live (weather) shorts t shirt hoody and the most comfortable shoes you own is what I wore for my first week.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
What to wear until I get my uniform
RM will not pay out for a new uniform until 3 months is up due to the amount of people who quit in that time.
you should be able to find a storm jacket hanging around somewhere in case it rains and you will be given a smashing high vis to wear.
you should be able to find a storm jacket hanging around somewhere in case it rains and you will be given a smashing high vis to wear.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
What to wear until I get my uniform
Wear whatever you want that you'll feel comfortable in for walking for 4 hours.
A new start we had came in quite smart dress with black loafers, he soon realised his mistake and was in trainers by the next day.
A new start we had came in quite smart dress with black loafers, he soon realised his mistake and was in trainers by the next day.
-
salomon2
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
- Gender: Female
What to wear until I get my uniform
It's changed since I started a few years ago, new uniform comes quite quickly now no longer waiting the 3 months so just be comfi. Personally I wouldn't wear leggings as no pockets and you do need somewhere to put a pen and 739 cards. I wouldn't buy anything specially just use stuff that you would be happy walking in and not get too hot in. Good luck x
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
What to wear until I get my uniform
Uniform can be ordered right away now apart from stormproof trousers, jacket and hats.doorstepped wrote:RM will not pay out for a new uniform until 3 months is up due to the amount of people who quit in that time.
you should be able to find a storm jacket hanging around somewhere in case it rains and you will be given a smashing high vis to wear.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
What to wear until I get my uniform
has changed very recently then, a postie at our place had to wait 6 months to get a full uniform.
about time the new entrants get a full shite uniform to wear ;)
about time the new entrants get a full shite uniform to wear ;)
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
What to wear until I get my uniform
speedos and high viz
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
What to wear until I get my uniform
loverman shabba wrote:speedos and high viz
Usually some 'older' workers will have a T shirt or two spare and maybe a pair of trousers to keep you decent. Ask.
-
BoBo90
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 21 May 2017, 17:45
- Gender: Female
What to wear until I get my uniform
I ordered my uniform by phone as soon as I started and had it a week later (incl. storm jacket which you're not supposed to get straight away).
Until then wear whatever is comfy. Basically anything other than jeans! And a pair of trainers with decent grip/sole for health and safety reasons and you will be fine
Until then wear whatever is comfy. Basically anything other than jeans! And a pair of trainers with decent grip/sole for health and safety reasons and you will be fine
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
What to wear until I get my uniform
Wear what you like and then when you do get your uniform still wear what you like seems to be the norm in our office,golf caps ,top of the range trainers, pretty much anything goes !!