ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay for Bank Holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

Pay for Bank Holidays

Post by Glp28357 »

I started with Royal Mail on 26 April and my normal days off per week are Monday and Tuesday. I am part-time, 25 hrs a week, 5 hrs per day Wednesday to Sunday. Obviously, I won't normally be working on Mondays and wondered what happens regarding the many Bank Holidays that fall on Mondays, such as May Day 1 May. Should I be paid for this day or is it just my bad luck that my normal day off coincides with a Bank Holiday?
mucker#1
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 11
Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 18:33
Gender: Male

Pay for Bank Holidays

Post by mucker#1 »

You should be credited with a day leave-in-lieu.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Pay for Bank Holidays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Sunday - are you a Mail Centre worker. ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

Pay for Bank Holidays

Post by Glp28357 »

I work in the callers' office on Sundays.
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Pay for Bank Holidays

Post by South_London_Postie »

Mate you have been royally screwed you are working every weekend for the rest of your Royal Mail career.
I see those vacancies online and thought it was a typo,
Your days off are the easy days aswell. Royally screwed.

You are owed Leiu days for every bank holiday that falls on your days off.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Pay for Bank Holidays

Post by aiden01 »

South_London_Postie wrote:Mate you have been royally screwed you are working every weekend for the rest of your Royal Mail career.
I see those vacancies online and thought it was a typo,
Your days off are the easy days aswell. Royally screwed.

You are owed Leiu days for every bank holiday that falls on your days off.
maybe those days suit him that is why he applied and got job.